PDA

View Full Version : Drying Product Question

ptim
03-10-2004, 09:56 AM
I know that I am going to get different opinions, but I dont want to scratch the paint surface by using the wrong product. I like to use the Absorber, or Absorber Clones, it seems to get 95% of the water off, I have tried to use a MF towel and doesnt work as well, I havent tried a MF Weave towel yet. Would a weaved towel work better.

My basic question is, I want a towel that doesnt scratch and gets most of the water off.

jstn
03-10-2004, 09:58 AM
IMO wwmf is the only way i will dry my car. it has done no harm yet.

imported_mirrorfinishman
03-10-2004, 10:34 AM
If you like to use your Absorber and it gets 95 % of the water off, maybe you should stay with the Absorber.

I have also been considering using other improved methods of drying. Until then I`ll continue using the Absorber.

andriver
03-10-2004, 10:41 AM
I am sold on the WW but if you are happy with the Absorber why change.

Patrick
03-10-2004, 10:55 AM
The WW wil absorb as good or better than the Absorber, and IMO, offer greater protection from possibly scratching......It has the ability to not only absorb water, but absorb and hide particles of dust and other material....Thus eliminating or greatly reducing any chance of surface contact....

Accumulator
03-10-2004, 11:56 AM
ptim- If you`re happy with the Absorber, but want to improve your drying that last 5%, just get an extra-soft (gray) WWMF and use it AFTER using the Absorber. I`ve used that combo and it works fine.

Note that the WWs dry *MUCH* better than "regular" MFs. *I* can NEVER dry with regular ones (always leave a *little* water, like the Absorber usually does) but I swear by the WWs.

04Runner
03-10-2004, 12:57 PM
I`m having some trouble with scratches. I use a water blade and WW to dry. Obviously I`m going wrong somewhere, but I don`t know where. So I am ditching this method. I`m going with the sheeting method (nozzle off hose), then blot dry. I`m going to try and start drying without any wiping motions across the paint at all. Hopefully this will work.

Patrick
03-10-2004, 03:04 PM
I`m having some trouble with scratches. I use a water blade

....Ahem...Therein lies your problem....You really have to be careful NOTHING blows on top of the surface while DRAGGING that silicon blade across........

shaf
03-11-2004, 09:01 PM
I agree. Try skipping the Water Blade and just use the waffle weave (maybe sheeting some of the water off first).

I find the CWB works for me, but I rarely suggest it to anyone because it`s up to the individual to be very cautious, attentative, and methodical when using it all times.