PDA

View Full Version : help!! with hi-temp light cut

schrader
03-10-2004, 08:37 AM
i just recieved my bottle of hi-temp`s light cut leveler...but i need some help in applying as i am a complete rookie... i am planning on applying it by hand... two questrions:

1. is it possible to apply it by hand. and is is safe?? it seems like a powerfull product, eventhough its cosider a cleaner / polisher

2. if it is... how do i apply it and with which pad??

if you need more info on my plan of attack please let me know.

thanks!!!!!

Accumulator
03-10-2004, 11:24 AM
Schrader- It`s been quite a while since I used this, but until someone else chimes in- yeah, you can use it by hand. It does NOT need rotary-type heat, etc. to break down. Use terry (aggressive), foam (less aggressive), or MF (least aggressive) to apply. You MIGHT need to follow up with something milder depending on your paint. I only used it by hand was for areas I couldn`t reach with the Cyclo but I don`t recall any problems. Try to keep it off your trim, though, as I recall it can stain it (hazy memory from the `80s).

imported_Dave Holmes
03-11-2004, 01:32 AM
I`ve used it with my PC, and like Accumulator, by hand on the parts the PC can`t get to. I used terry applicator pads by hand. It did a good job on my white. It will remove light/moderate swirls that an SMR (like #9) won`t. I followed up with #9 more as a precaution, and force of habit, than as an actual need to. On a darker vehicle a milder SMR may or may not be needed. The key I found to it, like DACP, is to work it till dry. It will definitely powder on you when you`ve worked it enough, which can be time consuming by hand. If I remember right, Hi Temp recommends washing the vehicle after to remove oils, but I found a wash after is probably more for removing all the dust! All in all, it is a good product that I will be breaking out again soon just to play with.

Dave