PDA

View Full Version : Help me fill the gap

breakneckvtec
03-09-2004, 07:09 PM
No pun intended ;)

I got my paint to what I would consider 95% defect free. Under extreme light and angles some minor things can be seen. I applied AIO and then went to NXT last weekend was happy with the results. NXT did now however give me the hiding ability I thought it would, but gave a look I really love. What can I use between AIO and NXT to hide some minor things and that will still accept NXT as a final layer?

Thanks.

Jngrbrdman
03-10-2004, 08:37 AM
I wouldn`t use anything between AIO and NXT. Your surface should be prepped and ready for action before you apply AIO. Anything you put on that would remove swirls would also remove whatever AIO puts down. I`m not convinced that AIO is entirely safe from NXT either. Either way, have all your surface prep done prior to AIO because now you are done with the `perfecting` stage and you are on to the `protecting` stages. The time for swirl removal has passed when you use AIO.

95% is pretty good for a 5 year old car. I doubt my car can even get past 95% `good enough` and its a white car and hides defects better than EBP does. I would try to be satisfied with 95% because its not going to last forever anyway. To the untrained eye its going to look perfect.

imported_jgv
03-10-2004, 08:47 AM
Like Jngrbrdman said, but, just as a test *I* would try replacing AIO either w/ PB SSR1 or CK VMW. Then NXT.

If that didn`t hide those light swirls, then they should be removed.

breakneckvtec
03-10-2004, 12:27 PM
The very fine swirls, are near impossible to see unless the light is right and at an extreme angle. I am fairly happy with the surface as is. However, what I am driving at is not something to use over AIO to remove swirls but rather to hide the last 5% or so. I guess what I am asking is could I go AIO, VM, NXT.

imported_jgv
03-10-2004, 01:08 PM
If they are so small I`m sure VM will take care of them, and as I said, AIO is an unnecessary step here.

Jngrbrdman
03-10-2004, 01:14 PM
If NXT isn`t going to remove or fill those last 5% of swirls then I doubt that anything else will. NXT advertises that it eliminates fine swirls by filling them. (how is that possible? lol) I`d just skip the AIO and go for the NXT step. AIO isn`t really going to help anything.