PDA

View Full Version : Wash mitt that wont fall apart

Pages : [1] 2

breakneckvtec
03-09-2004, 06:09 PM
The ones I have been using suck. Any recomendations on what wash mitt I should use and where I can get it. Preferably one that is easily washable. Thanks.

tom p.
03-09-2004, 06:14 PM
?

SK2003TypeS
03-09-2004, 06:19 PM
I have a sheepskin mitt from Griots that has lasted over a year and a CMA sheepskin mitt that`s starting to rip at the thumb.

SK2003TypeS
03-09-2004, 06:47 PM
I have 1 cotton chenille mitt that lasted me this winter with QEW washes. The threads of the cuff are all over the place and the mitt is showing wear.

BradE
03-09-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by BlackRegal

I have yet to find a cotton chenile mitt that stays intact for more than a half dozen uses. Haven`t convinced myself to try anything else yet, but the lack of durability definitely sucks.

Same thing always happened to me. In order to get the chenille mitts to wash out properly I`d have to put them in the washing machine, which would kill them after just a few washings. Finally, I gave up and switched to sheepskin mitts. I`ve not noticed any swirling, they wash out easier and they are holding up better after repeated uses.

breakneckvtec
03-09-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by tom p.

?

I need one that wont scratch and stay together :up

SK2003TypeS
03-09-2004, 07:07 PM
I need one that wont scratch and stay together

Griots sheepskin is my top choice so far.

DCT
03-09-2004, 07:18 PM
Just a personal observation here.............. if you get several washes out of a mitt, it`s probably time to discard it, or relegate it to dirtier chores. Using a wash mitt on paint, until it is worn out/nearly worn out, is not a good idea................. at least in my opinion.

BradE
03-09-2004, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by BlackRegal

SRL - Any particluar brand/source you like?

My current mitts are from the Autopia store. If local purchasing is your thing, I`ve used the mitts from Wal-Mart with good success. The name brand is Eurow, or something along those lines. Feel each one of the shelf, and buy the ones that feel best. As you said, quality varies.

stevet
03-09-2004, 07:56 PM
I have been getting 6 months out of my MF mitts and I wash them in the washing machine after each use. No marring from these either.

imported_Dave Holmes
03-09-2004, 11:18 PM
I use the Eurow sheepskin mitts from Walmart (about $5.00). Generally, I rinse it out very well after use, shake to seperate the fibers, and hang dry. Every so often I throw it in the washing machine on gentle cycle, warm water, to really clean it if it was dropped or accidentally touched something actually dirty (my car doesn`t get "dirty" so to speak, just generally spotted or dusty). They`ve held up very well, and have absolutely never marred my paint. One mitt lasted me the entire last summer and fall while cleaning my car several times a week. The one I use now has been in use since November or so, and should easily last through spring.

Dave

pcar 930
03-09-2004, 11:25 PM
I use the Eurow. They seem to hold up well, are gentle on the paint, and are cheap enough that if they do tear or wear considerably you just go out and buy some more. I use the older ones first for the lower 1/3 of the car, then for the wheels, and eventually for the wheelwells.

jerry@robs
03-10-2004, 03:21 AM
MF Mitts are quite sturdy.

jimmybuffit
03-10-2004, 05:05 AM
I guess I`m the different guy...

I use a 16x16 MF towel. And 2 buckets.

I just don`t see a need for an additional item.

Jim

AndyC
03-10-2004, 05:24 AM
I have 3 sheepskin mitts which hold up nicely although they rip at the cuff but that`s coz I have thick wrists! I relegated my MF mitts to sill and wheel duty as I`m not yet a QEW convert.

Plus they only cost me £5 each (sheepskin) or around £3 (MF) so cheap price to pay IMO.

And to think I was using a big old yellow sponge pre-Autopia.....