PDA

View Full Version : Alot of questions?

msaleen270
03-08-2004, 08:18 PM
Recently just bought a 2004 Torch Red Cobra and have noticed as more and more I wash it that more and more hair and fine scratches are becoming more noticable. I tried Zaino which has helped in making my finish look deeper but as far as helping out my little hair scratches from washing it doesn`t seem to help me at all. I have about 10 coats total from Z2 and Z5 and use there instructions and still no big results. I tried 2m imperial hand glaze on top of that and it seemed not to help that much either. Anybody have any suggestions on what I can use on my car to get the best shine and to get the little spider web scratches out. Money is not a big factor for me especially when I want my car too look the best it can be. Thanks for your input.

imported_ajbarnes
03-08-2004, 08:33 PM
What kind of applicators, wash mitts, drying towels, etc. are you using?

msaleen270
03-08-2004, 08:36 PM
I am using the supplies that Zaino gave me in the kit. I am using there cotton pads, cotton towels, z6 car spray enhancer and using Zaino show soap. What is a better product that will get these hiar scratches and spider-webing scratches out? And do I have to stip all of the Zaino off with Dawn again to start over?

04Runner
03-08-2004, 08:44 PM
I would read this thread. I ran across this one and have found that it is the best way to prevent these micro scratches in the first place. I am convinced that 90% of my scratches were coming from drying and this method has really saved the day..

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=5120&highlight=sheeting+method

LouisanaJeeper
03-08-2004, 09:47 PM
To answer your question..removing swirls?

Buy a PC, pads, and some compounds (search the forum for more info!) Remove the said swirls (thus removing all the zaino too)

Once all swirls are removed, restart Zaino process.

Perfect washing/drying technique to minimize new swirls.

madazskunk
03-09-2004, 02:07 AM
If you see swirls/scratches more and more every time you wash it you are probably putting more and more of them in there with your wash technique/products.

shaf
03-09-2004, 02:50 AM
Welcome to Autopia msaleen270 :welcome

I suggest checking out the Learn! link you see at the very top of the page and using the Search function. Also the Mayor, DavidB, has taken the time to write a great article about how to combine good detailing techniques with Zaino products. (here) (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/zaino.html)

What wash mitt are you using? That alone can cause lots of swirls and scratches if you`re using something "wrong". Also consider switching some of your pads and towels out to foam and MF alternatives, respectively. Cotton is Sal`s favourite, but a LOT of people here have switched to alternatives.

Zaino, and Imperial Hand Glaze both have absolutely zero corrective power. They work well on polished, almost perfect paint, but aren`t going to do a lot of paint correction.

Odds are, if you`ve already hit it with the Imperial Hand Glaze, you`ve already wiped out all your Zaino layers already... sorry. Not that it wouldn`t come to this though, because it sounds like you have some polishing to do anyway. :)

Dtail
03-09-2004, 02:55 AM
Get some microfiber towels. They are softer than 100% cotton. Also use a very soft wash mitt. Also, use a foam applicator rather than zaino`s cotton app. Wal mart, autozone, etc... carry some foam appicators. My personal fav is meguiars yellow foam pad but others might be just as good. In my experience with zaino`s applicator, it induce swirls if you`re not very careful. As for removing swirls and scratches, you should get a PC and some compounds/polishes to remove them.

gdeetan
03-10-2004, 02:35 AM
sorry for the dumb question. whats a PC?

raymond_ho2002
03-10-2004, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by gdeetan

sorry for the dumb question. whats a PC?

I`ll field this one :)

PC stands for porter cable, which is the company that makes the most popular electric random orbital buffer.

It took me weeks to figure out what `pc` meant when i first started lurking on this board! On the main page, there is a box on the upper left corner labeled "features." Click on acronyms, and you`ll find the key to all the popularly used abbreviations on this board.

-Raymond