PDA

View Full Version : DACP?!`s

trueblueblood
03-08-2004, 06:26 PM
Does Meguiars DACP contain any fillers like a glaze would? How would AIO work with this if it uses polishing oils cause AIO would probably strip these and negate the scratch/swirl marks filling of DACP or should I not worry. Does AIO or Klasse sealant have any swirl mark or fine scratch fillers or does it remove them? Thanks Sorry if this doesn`t make sense just let me know and I`ll try and elaborate!

imported_BretFraz
03-08-2004, 07:39 PM
If DACP has any fillers, its very very little. DACP starts like a fine cut cleaner and buffers down to a SMR. What little residue left from DACP will be removed by the solvents in AIO so going from one to the other is no problem.

AIO has a very light abrasive but does most of its cleaning action thru chemical solvents. SG has no cleaning ability.

So you can easily go from DACP to AIO to SG without worry.

Gonzo
03-08-2004, 09:22 PM
True Blue.

The KEY point with DACP is to work it until it is dust on the paint. If you work it this far, it will have broken down from a medium abrasive to a very very fine polish that will burnish the paint. If you mix up a 50/50 mix if distilled water and Isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol at CVS about $2.50 for 32 oz bottle)you can use that to remove any oils/fillers remaining from the DACP. Under strong light, if you still see scratches, make another pass with the DACP f before using the AIO.

Myself and another guy will be polishing some Lightnings this weekend. Location yet to be determined because of the weather. Let me know if you are interested.....

trueblueblood
03-09-2004, 09:58 AM
Thanks Bret and Gonzo! Thanks for the offer Gonzo I actually have the volvo guy and magellan comin out to help me cause I`m havin problems with getting some water marks out and a buffer is gonna make it most easy and start from a fresh slate. Plus I`m gonna try Klasse topped with s100 to see if I like it better than Zaino. I worked on my car all weekend and when I was done I could still not get those water spots out and I had run out of time I had made a dent in them but it about killed me. Man I wish I would known of a site like this 6 years ago, I would have show car quality rides from the get go!!! I think us Houstonians need to get somethin together sometime soon!