PDA

View Full Version : Prepping LiquidGlass coated paint???

TN9thSi
03-08-2004, 01:32 AM
Back in the summer (4-5 months ago) I applied 2 coats of LiquidGlass on my new Mazda6. Now I`m going to start doing a more complete detailing routine. I ordered the evaluation Wolfgang kit and want to try this new product out first. Is there any special prep I need to do to the LG-coated paint before applying the Wolfgang Pre-Wax Polish? I`ll be using Meg`s #9 to get rid of some swirls, and hopefully by that time I will have a PC.

Accumulator
03-08-2004, 09:32 AM
Nah, just treat it like any other wax/sealant that`s already on a car...don`t worry about it. The stuff you`re gonna use will cut through it. Liquid Glass is just another Last Step Product, nothing special (I had it on one of my cars once).

Oh, and BTW, if the paint on your Mazda6 is as hard as the paint on my `03 Mazda MPV, you`re gonna need something stronger than the #9 to get the swirls out anyhow. Remove the marring and you`ll also remove the products on TOP of the marring.

former86camaro
03-08-2004, 09:47 AM
Just wash it really good. Dry it, let it sit for a few before you apply anything then go to town. I used to use Liquid Glass, it was great stuff.. I am now using Zaino and the Wolfgang thing, just haven`t tried it yet. The Wolfgang thing made my buddies white firebird look nice. Shined better than NXT and felt better to the touch. Even after a drizzle the type that makes a car look and feel dirty his didn`t. Still felt soft to the touch.

TN9thSi
03-08-2004, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Accumulator

Oh, and BTW, if the paint on your Mazda6 is as hard as the paint on my `03 Mazda MPV, you`re gonna need something stronger than the #9 to get the swirls out anyhow.

What do you recommend if the #9 doesn`t do the job??

Accumulator
03-08-2004, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by TnM6i

What do you recommend if the #9 doesn`t do the job??

I like the 1Z polishes, and I`d buy all three- Ultra, Paint Polish, and Metallic Polish, but the stuff 1Z polishes leave behind might mess with your plan.

So, I`d use 3M`s PI-III stuff- RC (pn 05933) and MG (pn 05937).