PDA

View Full Version : Klasse SG lovers, get in here!

Pages : [1] 2

Scottwax
03-07-2004, 10:22 PM
Klasse SG is a great product and using the Bill North method, very user friendly and durable as well. However, I have been trying something that may be even better....

1Z Glanz Wax. :xyxthumbs

Very thin liquid like SG, very easy to spread and wipes off even easier than SG does and the shine....:eek: I think it has just as sharp reflections with much more wetness. I used it on a tan Volvo and a maroon Mercedes ML (pics probably tomorrow if I can get by Wolf Camera in the morning to drop off the film), and the look is terrific. Very slick too. The owner of the ML just kept on commenting on how glossy his truck now looked and he is a regular customer of mine and I haven`t seen him react like this before.

Anyway, someone had mentioned using a little spray bottle to spritz the Glanz Wax onto the applicator and that works perfectly. Since it is thin liquid like SG, it is hard to pour it on the pad without using too much or even spilling the product. Apply to a section and wipe right off. I saw no streaking at all and no dusting either. It is just as user friendly (IMO) as S100 and Poorboys.

Hopefully I will have pics posted in this thread by tomorrow night. I just wanted to pass this along now. You know, build anticipation for the pics. ;)

spetulla
03-07-2004, 10:44 PM
awesome :) will have to try it :)

TN9thSi
03-07-2004, 10:52 PM
You guys with you new "methods" are making it hard on me, LOL. I`m trying to get together an order for some supplies and have no idea what to try :D. Maybe I should wait til I get to test out my free Wolfgang kit, which should arrive tomorrow.

Please post pics, I`m anxious to see the results.

andriver
03-07-2004, 10:53 PM
Scott, Einszett products are my favorite. I just detailed my Grand Cherokee on Friday and my daughter`s Grand Cherokee today. I agree Glanz wax is easy to apply and wipe off. The shine is the best I have seen.

Jesstzn
03-07-2004, 10:56 PM
Scott I used Glanz last year .. before I went Zaino .. I tell you .. to get it off it took *3* dawn washes.. it is very durable.

Application tip .. get a bit of material off a good dress shirt 4" x 4" and fold in 1/4 to 2" x 2". Thin smooth material and use it to apply. All I put on the material was a dab the size of a dime. I poured off some into a 2 oz bottle that had about a 1/2" opening. I put a dab the size of a dime on the material and I did this by holding the material to the opening then tipping the bottle. This dab would do 1/4 if my hood. Also the corner of a MF applicator works good too but then its good for no other wax.

To me if a newbie guy wants gloss and durability without the Polymer headaches Glanz is the way to go. Takes about 1/2 oz to do a mid sized car and I can wax on wax off in 1/2 hour.

Scott this is a pix of my hood with Glanz

This hood silly (http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/12805glanz.jpg)

LOTA OT
03-07-2004, 11:04 PM
I had been using 1Z GW for about a year before I switched over to SG. I`ve got to admit that they do give a very similar look, with 1Z giving a slightly more reflective and crisp look. I actually prefer the look of the SG a little more though, 1Z was a little too plasticy looking for me.

On the application side, nothing is easier than the 1Z, true wipe on wipe off. And it doesn`t stain trim. The spray bottle is a great tip, as it`s very liquid and a little tough to meter out of the can. I still think SG is easy to apply and remove, but the wait to cure (not tried the Bill North WO/WO method) can be a pain.

On the durability side, it seemed to last (bead) for 3-4 months on a car that was outside 24/7. But I`ll give the nod to 3 coats of SG for durability......not that it lasted any longer, but it looked better (almost as good as when first applied) after that same 3 months. You might argue that it`s because I had 3 layers of SG, while GW is considered not to be layerable.

All in all 1Z is a great product. I still use it on my GF`s car, but I prefer SG for mine.

Michael

Scottwax
03-07-2004, 11:08 PM
Dee-Yeah, that looks like the insane gloss I was getting too.

On his pearl Audi though, I used the Euro version of Menzerna FP and Poorboy`s EX and it really looked good too.

Michael-1Z didn`t look plasticky to me at all. Maybe because I didn`t use it on dark colors, I don`t know. It just looks wet and glossy to me. :nixweiss

Jesstzn
03-07-2004, 11:15 PM
The other thing I liked about glanz is it take no applicator pressure to apply thus less chance of marring and very easy to apply front to back not circular.

LOTA OT
03-08-2004, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Scottwax

Michael-1Z didn`t look plasticky to me at all. Maybe because I didn`t use it on dark colors, I don`t know. It just looks wet and glossy to me. :nixweiss

I guess "plasticy" wasn`t the best choice of words, but GW is very reflective. I`ve not used zaino, but from the pictures I`ve seen and descriptions I`ve heard, GW has a similar look. To me it was a little too much on my silvertsone (dark) gray paint. As I said, I still use it on my GF`s silver accord and think it looks great.

Kind of like a high gloss tire dressing......some like the look some prefer a little more subtle shine.

I really can`t fault 1Z GW at all, it really is a great product that is easy to use, foolproof and provides great results (like most of the other 1Z products). Just that I prefer the look of SG for my car.

Michael

KRMan
03-08-2004, 09:52 AM
Yeah I really like the way it goes on so easy and the way it makes my wifes blue metallic paint look. It even works really well applying in 18 degree weather

SamIam
03-08-2004, 10:00 AM
I use GW all the time and its way easier to use than SG and I don`t see any plasticky look on my Black Audi.

Even with the Bill North method, GW is easier to use.

BillNorth
03-08-2004, 10:07 AM
Scott, very cool info, thanks! I may give this stuff a shot. Though I was hoping to try z this summer. We`ll see...

Bill :up

imported_Macgirl
03-08-2004, 10:38 AM
Scott,

Glad to hear you are liking the 1Z! :xyxthumbs

I`ve been using the Metallic Polish and Glanz Wax since May `02 and I love them. I did a side-by-side test of Glanz and S100 and to my eye I saw no difference in the look, the carnauba was slicker though. The gloss and ease of use are incredible, especially for hand application. I`m going to have to try the spray bottle method for the Glanz. I`ve now branched out to try the various non-paintwork products in their car care systeme and again they don`t dissappoint.

I must admit though I am going to try AIO on our Cherokee. It sees a lot more highway abuse than my Passat. I`m looking for a one-step product that is super durable.

Accumulator
03-08-2004, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Macgirl

..I must admit though I am going to try AIO on our Cherokee. It sees a lot more highway abuse than my Passat. I`m looking for a one-step product that is super durable.

Then you`ll still have to top the AIO with something. By itself, it`s not very durable at all. Only one-step I`ve tried with ANY real durability is Autoglym`s SRP.

old_gonzo
03-08-2004, 12:14 PM
Scottwax - Any photos available yet? :)