PDA

View Full Version : Microfiber drying towel from Walmart

Pages : [1] 2 3

imported_Thor
03-07-2004, 09:13 PM
I went to Walmart tonight and found these big Microtex drying towels. Big and fluffy. Anyone tried them. The were about 6 bucks a piece and seem to be pretty nice. I`ll try them on my car when it comes in.

Just thought I would pass it along.

spetulla
03-07-2004, 10:40 PM
i have two of them and use them :) Dont have the cash for quality WW`s just yet, this suffices so far. As I grow I will pick up something nicer, but for a weekend warrior I think its a great choice.

andriver
03-07-2004, 10:55 PM
I just saw them this past week. Report back when you have given them a try.

spetulla
03-07-2004, 11:00 PM
ive tried it.

i like to use the whole towel and go over the car and get all the major water, takes about 45 seconds. then use a nicer MF to really dry well.

doing this vs. using small MFs sped up drying time by about 300%.

imported_bigltc
03-12-2004, 03:11 PM
I bought one and it sped up my drying time a whole lot since I don`t have to wring it out. It absorbs very well. Doesn`t scratch the paint at all. Great product!! It`s the poor man`s Waffle Weave.

bigguy
03-12-2004, 03:16 PM
Saw them, put one in my buggy, then decided not to purchase just yet. I wish to find out more about the towel before purchasing.

RobertM
03-12-2004, 04:06 PM
I myself have never used the Wal-Mart MF towels. But I know many on here have. I think the general concensus of the board members is that they are `okay` but don`t hold up long after numerous washings.

Robert.

blackbird19
03-12-2004, 04:39 PM
I got 2 of these they work good.Untill you wash them a couple of times you get some lint but for 6 bucks hard to beat.

ThrillBilly
03-12-2004, 05:41 PM
i got 2 of them, and ive gotta tell ya,

these things are pretty damn nice! :up

70/30 blue, 24x40, 2 different faces: 1 plush, 1 short

tagged microtex by calderon industries.

sucked my mid-size SUV dry without ANY problem, and could have dried MUCH more. used the plush face for 1st pass, and then flipped to smoother face for final. the thing was nowhere even NEAR soaked. i washed before using, and it left no linting on paint.

the curious thing is: this towel "looks and feels" remarkably like one of the not-cheap PRO towels that i bought (not WW). i swear i think it is the exact same material. :eek:

im not a pro, and you may think im crazy, but this thing is GOOD quality. flame suit "ON". :argue

joeykunz
03-12-2004, 09:21 PM
Already posted about it. Yeah I use it for buffing and it works great. It does NOT scratch. 6.5 sq.ft.

MrLoveLoviro
03-12-2004, 09:33 PM
I just saw these thursday. I think the Microtex drying towel would be okay to use, it was a little thin though when you give it a squeeze and the hemming was a tad harsh feeling but you can fold it. I think it could be trusted.

I wouldn`t trust the smaller Microtex`s for buffing paint, as you are rubbing harder.

ThrillBilly
03-15-2004, 09:29 AM
i am curious to see if anyone that has alot of experience with many different MFs have sampled this drying towel.

my guess is that most of the folks that have alot of high-end towels are quite happy with what they use, and have no need or desire to sample it.

i have only a few PRO mfs, and have never used a WW, but was very impressed and pleased with the performance of this new towel.

any more tryers, or experienced observations?

JimS
03-15-2004, 09:49 AM
What department were they in? Auto? Linens/towel? ??

unclearty
03-15-2004, 10:04 AM
Could someone post the SKU# for the drying towel?? My 2 local Wal&$%ts don`t have anything good..no NXT..none of the new brushes.....I`m hoping they could order a couple for me to try.

imported_FLAWLESS
03-15-2004, 01:39 PM
I picked one up Saturday. Sure is plush, I want to use it on myself after the shower!!!

Seems like a good towel. Passed the CD test no problems at all. Launered well for the first wash, still looks brand new. I may get out there today to test it out for drying, I`ll post up my 2 cents after I use it, but first impressions are very good with this one.