PDA

View Full Version : WIndshield Polishing at Cavite

macstar1
03-07-2004, 09:03 PM
My wife spent my x-mas bonus on a 2nd hand KIA Shame (PRIDE) which requires a lot of paint job and has horrible stains at the windshield.

I tried several products/approach just to get rid of the stains/scales at the windshield but to no avail. Out of the counter polyglaze glass cleaner, kerosene, alcohol, etc. Finally, somebody told me to use blade and out of desperation, I tried it using my wife`s MTK Glass cleaner (my wife work in an industrial chemical manufacturer). After two sessions, I was able to remove a considerable amount of scales/stains and I can finally drive at night with acceptable amount of glare from opposite car`s headlights.

However, being a novice, I seems to have added a couple of scratches myself. Furthermore, it still aint as "clear" as other well maintained windshields.

Can anybody recommend a doable approach? Doable as in using locally available products?

Furthermore, what products/approach can I use for a bayside blue body?

jerry@robs
03-07-2004, 09:19 PM
Macstar: I believe you`re from the Philippines right? Just so you know, this is a US based forum so the term "locally available, may not apply to them. You might want to check out the "local" version of forum that I patterned after Autopia at http://groups.msn.com/pinasdetailing

I just assumed you`re from the Phil since the Kia Pride is called the Festiva in the US and a 1978 Mazda 121 in other parts of the world.

macstar1
03-07-2004, 09:27 PM
-------------------------------------

Just so you know, this is a US based forum so the term "locally available, may not apply to them.

-------------------------------------

Ooppss! I forgot! Its just that I`ve been seeing your reviews/comments in both forum and I kinda forgot where I`m in.

Yup! I`m from the Philippines and a newbie in car detailing (and motoring)

I`ll try to join Pinas Detailing later. I seems to have problem joining due to some proxy settings.

Thanks!