PDA

View Full Version : Lube

luke667
03-07-2004, 12:37 PM
:o leave if you were expecting a perverted thread hehe. Anyway, i was wondering, is it considered good practice to spritz the foam applicator with a qd when applying a polish or wax, kinda for it to be lubed up and spread easier? or am i wasting, time, Qd and probably ruining what could have been a better shine? :nixweiss

Accumulator
03-07-2004, 01:04 PM
*I* never do it except with the rotary. If you want the same effect (sorta), just work the product into the pad better before you start.

luke667
03-07-2004, 01:11 PM
so u advise against it? any reason?

shaf
03-07-2004, 08:30 PM
I believe the reason is for "priming". That is, just so that you aren`t rubbing a dry pad against the paint. That`s the only time I`ve done it.

Accumulator
03-07-2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by luke667

so u advise against it? any reason?

I dunno if I`d go so far as to advise against it, but don`t use a QD that will compromise the product you`re applying. You wouldn`t want it to effect some solvent action on your wax, for instance. I don`t think it would be a big issue, though.

I just put some paste wax on Accumulatorette`s A8 with the PC, and I just rubbed it into the pad well before I started. The pad I was using wouldn`t mar the finish if it was "dry" anyhow. But if priming with a QD is something you`d rather do, then OK.