PDA

View Full Version : how to remove water marks from paint

xan021
09-20-2004, 08:12 PM
PLease help,
this black Lexus came in last week to get detailed and I noticed watermarks in the paint, I washed it with soap, used clay and then some mother`s carnauba wax. THe marks still didn`t come off and today the customer came back complaining I didn`t do a good job. God knows I scrubed this car so hard and this dawm spots don`t come off. Can anyone help?
Thanks

TraderB
09-20-2004, 08:35 PM
You would have been better off using Mequiar`s Deep Crystal Step 1 Cleaner or ColorX for starters, considering that you must be working by hand. Mother`s Carnuba wax won`t do anything to take out water marks.

jaybs02
09-20-2004, 09:26 PM
You can try a 50/50 mix vinegar & water.
You might have to move onto some thing a little stronger to try and remove the water spots.

Good Luck

SquiderM3
09-20-2004, 10:08 PM
I had water spots that wouldn`t come off with vinegar, clay or a cleaner wax. I bought a PC, Poorboy`s ssr1, and used a LC polishing pad and the spots came right off. Tried Klasse AIO first on a finishing pad but it wasn`t abrasive enough but the SSR 1 definitely took care of it.

JasonD
09-20-2004, 11:28 PM
I`d suggest to the customer that your low abrasive methods didn`t work and if they want the spots off the car is going to need more intense polishing efforts. You didn`t cause the waterspots, they did. Did you promise them that you could get the spots off? If you did, I`d get ready to pull out the pc and start polishing!

SVR
09-22-2004, 06:48 AM
My water spot/marks remover is made of the following and strips them off with one pass by hand and does not damage paint

lanotec citra force
white vinegar
isopropanol alcohol
methylated spirits
kerosene
(very small amounts of the last two ingredients)

skyjockey
10-01-2004, 10:47 AM
I had water spots that wouldn`t come off with vinegar, clay or a cleaner wax. I bought a PC, Poorboy`s ssr1, and used a LC polishing pad and the spots came right off. Tried Klasse AIO first on a finishing pad but it wasn`t abrasive enough but the SSR 1 definitely took care of it.
Might have to try this myself !
I have a "Black Rose" (dark metallic purple) Corvette and the last owner didn`t seem to believe in wax. So the car has a lot of acid rain spots. Been trying Scratch X, #M, 39009 SWR, no luck. I need something more aggressive to try