PDA

View Full Version : Tire Shine?

Pages : [1] 2

96thunderbird
03-06-2004, 07:28 PM
I have used a few different types of tire shine...Currently I am using Meguirs Hot Tires...or something close..its got the adjustable nozzle. Anyone have any recommendations for one that wont stain the rims or sling off onto the fenders? Since i have found a bunch of shine obsessed people how know a whole lot more than me..I think I can take advantage of this:D Eagle 1 is by far the worst I have ever used...BTW.

Whatcha got?

joseph

Jonny_venus
03-06-2004, 07:32 PM
I use turtle wax "wet N black", applied by a 2" paint brush, no over-spray or mess.

cerdas
03-06-2004, 07:37 PM
Sometimes I miss my `96 Tbird. It was my very first new car. Your sig doesn`t say what color yours is, mine was black. I pretty much swirled the paint to heck using an abundance of non-Autopian products and techniques.

I`ve found that I really like the new Meguiars NXT Tech protectant for tires, it dries to the touch quickly and doesn`t leave a greasy shine. I also use Zaino perfect tire gloss and Vinylex.

metload1
03-07-2004, 12:37 AM
Hey try Westleys` black magic tire wet. It`s shiny then after a few days gives your tires a satin black finish. Pretty good but I`ve seen better. But not much better. It`s really easy to use, jsut make sure you use a tire swipe. :up

96thunderbird
03-07-2004, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by ShadowMan

Sometimes I miss my `96 Tbird. It was my very first new car. Your sig doesn`t say what color yours is, mine was black. I pretty much swirled the paint to heck using an abundance of non-Autopian products and techniques.

I`ve found that I really like the new Meguiars NXT Tech protectant for tires, it dries to the touch quickly and doesn`t leave a greasy shine. I also use Zaino perfect tire gloss and Vinylex.

Mine is the Opalescent Metalic. I use Pinnacle on the paint and it gives me excellant results. I saw it at WalMart, ill pick it up in the morning :) My Tbird is also my first car, Ive had it since December `99...150,000 miles later i dont plan to give it up anytime soon. Ive put quite a bit of money into it...

joseph

NEW AGAIN
03-07-2004, 01:28 AM
Turtle wax Tire wax @ K-mart

Scottwax
03-07-2004, 01:33 AM
Armor All (seriously, it was reformulated a while back and is a really good product) and an Eagle One Tire Swipe.

spetulla
03-07-2004, 03:46 AM
i use the eagle one, i really like it.

III
03-07-2004, 06:31 AM

White 2.5GT
03-07-2004, 07:25 AM
I use 303 aerospace protectant. If I want to add a higher gloss I top the 303 with Meguiers endurance gel, let it sit for 10 mins and buff with a terry cloth so there is no sling onto the fenders. you can add more layers for higher gloss if you want....

BlueDragonZ
03-07-2004, 08:18 AM
I`m using Black Magic Tire Gel with Silver Tint along with NXT Tech Spray. If you`re going to use the Tech Spray I would suggest using a foam applicator instead of spraying it on so it won`t sling.

imported_ajbarnes
03-07-2004, 08:43 AM
I use Armor all, meg`s endurance gloss, and sometimes TW wet n black. I like armor all for the light shine and natural look it gives. I agree with Scottwax, that they have definitely improved their formulation. I use the other`s because some customer`s prefer a deeper glossy shine, etc. I also use eagle one tire swipes (small & large).

JimS
03-07-2004, 09:49 AM
Poorboys Bold n Bright is what I`ve been using. I`ve tried everything else over the years and was using Stoners MSLT but the BnB is the best I`ve used.

beanbag
03-07-2004, 05:30 PM
I like the Poorboy`s Trim Restorer. It leaves the tires with a dark, matte look, like how rubber is supposed to look. It lasts for a few weeks too, until my tires start to bloom. The only other thing I`ve tried is #40, and it didn`t seem to last very long. I have some Meguiar`s endurance that I haven`t tried yet, but I`m worried that it will make the rubber too shiny. I hate shiny tires coz it`s so fake looking.

GoodnClean
03-07-2004, 06:05 PM
I just used Meguiars NXT Tech Protectant for the first time applied with a foam applicator. Great product, spreads well, not too glossy. Doesn`t look like it`ll sling. Its obviously solvent based so that may be a problem for some.

Poorboys BoldnBright is also a great product and its water based. Spreads well, deep semigloss shine.

BUT, both of those are twice as expensive as good ol Armor All.