PDA

View Full Version : EX-P/Edge2000 9" and PC!!

JimS
09-20-2004, 07:17 PM
I got my new short Edge adapter for the PC this last week and over the weekend tried it out. It worked great with minimal vibrations applying PP, set on 5 or higher and then applying EX-P this morning.

I wanted to do another coat of EX-P this evening but didn`t have a lot of time and the full sized pickup with extended cab and a hard tonneau is a whole lot of area to cover so I got an idea.

I decided to try the PC with the short Edge 2000 adapter and the 9" Edge pads which are intended for use on the rotary.

What a great idea!!!! I set the PC on 3 and there was not much vibration at all and I was able to apply the EX-P very thinly with the 9" Edge Finishing pad and the big news is that I was able to cover every inch of the truck in 18 minutes. That`s about 1/2 the time or less that it took me this morning using the regular Edge pads.

When applying the EX-P there is no reason to run the PC at a high speed as there is little or no polishing being done and the whole idea is to just spread product evenly and thinly.

Give it a go!!! It works great. Again.....that`s the PC on 3, the short Edge 2000 adapter and the large 9" finishing pads made for the rotary .

bigron62
09-20-2004, 10:23 PM
i went the other direction on my edge2000 setup i put my edge pc pads on my rotary and really liked it in tight spots .. being able to use both the rotary and pc with the same pads is killer

JimS
09-21-2004, 06:41 AM
I should also mention that I had equiped my 7224 with the 6" counterweight and this made a big difference in minimizing the vibrations.