PDA

View Full Version : 2 coats of NXT....or is it 4...unbelievable either way

Don
03-05-2004, 09:06 PM
Today we had and unseasonally warm day (76*!!!!) So of course I had to break out the PC and some NXT.

During the rinse, I noticed that if I hit the car with a hard stream, the water beaded like crazy. If I flooded the surface, the water sheeted off VERY quickly. (It has been a bit over a week since I first applied the NXT and it has rained nearly every day).

Since last talking to Mike, I decided to use a Lake Country polishing pad instead of the finishing pad I`d used before. I was a bit more liberal with the #34 keeping the pad lubricated. I used less NXT than before, but in several areas I was getting the "first pass product on the car, 2nd pass product gone again" phenomenon. I also kicked the PC up to `4` this time.

Like I did last week, I applied a coat of NXT to the entire car allowed it to cure for 1/2 hour, buffed it off and applied a 2nd coat and allowed it to cure for a couple of hours then buffed it off.

That is where the question "2 coats or 4" comes from. I know common wisdom says "2" the second coat being applied so soon after the first only ensured complete coverage.

Whatever the case may be, the results are nothing short of incredible. I`ll let them speak for themselves:

Unbelievable!!! (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1817#post1817)

crimson
03-05-2004, 09:21 PM
Very nice results!

Scottwax
03-06-2004, 07:55 PM
That looks really good! I guess the combination of the PC and very mild abrasives in NXT just keep polishing out the paint.

Don
03-06-2004, 08:06 PM
Coming from you Scott, that`s high praise indeed.

imported_ajbarnes
03-07-2004, 08:59 AM
Looks really good. Very reflective!:up

jlynntc
03-09-2004, 07:46 AM
Sweet:xyxthumbs

What model of PC are you using to apply and

remove this with? I`m in need of a new one

and would like some recommendations.:D

The Beer Man;) :p :shocked

Don
03-09-2004, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by whatnobeer

Sweet:xyxthumbs

What model of PC are you using to apply and

remove this with? I`m in need of a new one

and would like some recommendations.:D

The Beer Man;) :p :shocked

I have the 7424 with the `bonus package` (6" counter weight + velcro backing pad) from coastal tool

Alexaris
03-09-2004, 05:49 PM
Great results Don

I think two coat of NXT are great too, I have the same results by hand, I just wait one week between coats. Now I really want to try the third coat