PDA

View Full Version : Scratch on Black mustang trunk

h22accordex
03-04-2004, 10:43 PM
My dad just bought a 98 mustang GT. Its immaculant except for a scratch on the trunk lid. I know it can be polished out but i dont know what to use. Im completely new to detailing black cars, ive got a bunch of experience with light cars, but ive never detailed a black car before. Any advice would be great, thanks!

ZIPP0
03-04-2004, 10:46 PM
buy a new car.

h22accordex
03-06-2004, 04:15 AM
thanks for the helpful advice, *******

taxidriver
03-06-2004, 07:22 AM
Zippo!

If this is the only thing you can come up with

stay away from this forum

taxidriver
03-06-2004, 07:27 AM
H22accordex !

A picture of the trunk

would help :D

shaf
03-07-2004, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by ZIPP0

buy a new car. :nono

Originally posted by h22accordex

My dad just bought a 98 mustang GT. Its immaculant except for a scratch on the trunk lid. I know it can be polished out but i dont know what to use. Im completely new to detailing black cars, ive got a bunch of experience with light cars, but ive never detailed a black car before. Any advice would be great, thanks! A picture of the scratch really isn`t going to tell us much because pictures can be deceiving. Can you tell how deep the scratch is? Does it catch your fingernail at all?

What polishes do you have on hand? You could start with something like a scratch remover, but if you have other stuff lying around already maybe one of them will work.

h22accordex
03-08-2004, 01:34 AM
hey guys thanks for sticking up for me. The scratch cant be felt that i can tell with my fingernail. I tried to remove it today with scratch x but it didnt work, it hid it a little bit. Ive got a whole bunch of different products, but nothing with abrasives in it. My list is as follows.

All pinnacle waxes (signature,paste,and cycle glaze)

Klasse twins

and NXT.

What should i try? I dont have a rotary, but i do have the 7424. Thanks guys

LouisanaJeeper
03-08-2004, 01:38 AM
3M fine cut rubbing compound with a PC+ polishing or cutting pad

disasnguy
03-08-2004, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by ZIPP0

buy a new car.

Just how old are you ZIPP0? :nono

taxidriver
03-08-2004, 05:04 AM
You could try megs. diamond cut with a pc and a cuttting pad.

If you think it,s to heavy, you could also try megs speed glaze

shaf
03-08-2004, 11:28 PM
Maybe try one or two more applications of Scratch-X and see if that gets you anywhere. If not, try something a bit stronger like Fine Cut. I`m not sure if I`d be comfortable with anything stronger by hand, since you tend to concentrate and rub small areas like that hard sometimes...