PDA

View Full Version : Going with Zaino and here is the reason why

jsoto
03-04-2004, 11:56 AM
Planning a full attack on the car this weekend. My car is not a daily driver BUT it does sit in my driveway 24/7 and there`s hardly any trees on my block. The sun is directly on the car for the most part of the day and it`s black.

While the ease of S100 (on/off) is great, in the summer, the wax would literrably be gone due to the heat. So.....I`m planning to go Zaino and see what the *fuss* is all about. I`ve always heard that Zaino is plasticky so I may use Klasse instead.

I`m planning to do Menz IP and the FP. If IP is not working out for me, I`ll switch to 1Z PP and then followup with FP. I`m not quite sure how 1Z MP compares to Menz FP, but I do know that FP gives a great finish when done (although a bit difficult to work with).

From there on, Zaino or Klasse it is.

kg/cm²
03-04-2004, 12:34 PM
cool...good luck...and post pics when you are done!

ZaneO
03-04-2004, 01:10 PM
jsoto - what color is your car? You should be VERY pleased with Zaino`s durability. You shouldn`t need to apply more than 2 times a year. I had 3 coats bead water for 9 months.

Dohhunter
03-04-2004, 01:36 PM
Durability is oustanding........I put 1 coat of Z5 per year on my GMC Sierra pickup for the last 2 years, and it still beads, and feels slippery when clean.

However, with the > 50 coats on my trans am, I`m afraid that even the pickups finish is put to shame. I had a ladybug slide off the car once ;)

Durability is Zaino`s strongpoint, but I just enjoy putting the stuff on.