PDA

View Full Version : tell me everything about van. moose, carnuba moose

quadcammer
03-03-2004, 04:36 PM
I just bought the stuff and some towels.

i have a black 99 cobra. its been outside for a while with the new motor going in so its filthy.

im thinking.

dawn wash

claybar

dawn wash

SMR with an orbital x 2

vanilla moose x 2

carnuba moose x 2

tell me the best way to use it, apply it, take it off etc. I wanna know everything.

also, i have a lot of leftover zaino carwash, can i use that?

imported_jgv
03-03-2004, 05:36 PM
As said before, lots of info if you search. Anyway, to make it simple, I`ll put it like this: (save dawn for your dishes)

Wash (you can use Z7)

Don`t dry

Clay (using your wash soap as lubricant)

Dry

SMR (if more than light swirls there)

VMW (either by hand or PC, polishing pad)

CMW by hand.

There you go! :xyxthumbs

paco
03-03-2004, 05:54 PM
I`d cut out the dawn washes. Dish soap has no place in washing cars. That`s a Sal Zaino thing and I don`t believe it has a lot of merit. NOTE: I like Zaino a lot though, it`s just the Dawn thing .. but I don`t want to get into that.

Zaino carwash is excellent. Definitely use it.

Why the x2 on everything?

What`s the condition of the paint?

What`s your washing technique?

Do you have any microfiber or 100% cotton towels to use?

What type/brand of orbital?

What pads do you have for the orbital?

What`s your budget like?

The more information you provide, the more we can help you. The search feature is a good thing. You`ll be amazed at all the information that is in the archives of this site.

Scottwax
03-03-2004, 06:51 PM
I agree with the others, drop the Dawn wash. Unless you need to remove oils to apply Zaino or want to strip the car of wax for a repaint, stick with car wash soap. Polishing will remove old product if that is what you are worried about.

Clay as you wash and you can probably use SRM and VM once, and CMW twice.

quadcammer
03-04-2004, 12:14 PM
well i figure i can double up on things such as the polishing to fix some of the swirls and imperfections.

the paint was in good shape, but its been sitting out side covered in dirt for a while. it will be pretty nasty.

washing technique is a 100% cotton chamile mitt, and drying with absorber.

im getting 3 mf towels and have plenty of fieldcrest and canon towels.

the orbital is a 10 inch ryobi. there is no velcro on it so no pad, just a terry cover. I don`t know how i would get a pad on it.

my budget is minimal, i just spent a lot of cash on reworking the motor, so not much left. i have the vanilla moose, the z7, the carnuba moose, and the SMR.

Scottwax
03-04-2004, 12:41 PM
You might want to check around and see if you can find a slip on foam pad for your buffer to use with VM.

thinksnow
03-04-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Scottwax

You might want to check around and see if you can find a slip on foam pad for your buffer to use with VM.

I second this. Our local Pep-Boys, I noticed, carries Turtle Wax branded orbital bonnets. They had the 5-6" size and a 9-10" size of wool (be afraid) terry and foam. Give Manny, Moe, and Jack a visit.

togwt
03-04-2004, 02:20 PM
Wax depot (waxdepotsafeshopper.com) carries 5 -12" slip-on foan applicators and teryy bonnets. Quality/service?

This is only info. I`ve never used these products