PDA

View Full Version : Eagle One Tire Detailer

GoodnClean
03-02-2004, 08:55 PM
I searched but dont think anyone has discussed this yet.

Went in to get NXT Tech Protectant to try out (Advance fixed the pricing, NXT wax is $14.88 now instead of $6.88 lol)

Anyways its Eagle One "Tire Detailer" seems pretty cool.

Its a thick Endurance like gel product but it comes in this little bottle attacthed to something that looks like a tire swipe. You squeeze the bottle and it sends product to the tire swipe applicator and you wipe it on. At $5 vs $6 for NXT Tech I decided to try the Eagle One first.

Going to wash the car tomorrow and I`ll use it. Anyone used this yet?

andriver
03-02-2004, 09:19 PM
Looking forward to your impressions of this product.

GoodnClean
03-03-2004, 05:01 PM
Mediocre.

First of all one big problem is the fact that the head of it isn`t pliable, it has a hard plastic backing, so it doesn`t mold to the tire like a tire swipe. The product is thick so it has a hard time coating the pad and going on smooth. The whole point of it is that you dont get dressing on your hands, but the bottle is designed poorly and it leaks...all over your hands. Its also very high gloss and it slings.

Not worth trying IMHO, but like all the new Eagle One products its free with a mail in rebate so it may be worth trying for nothing.

kreativ
07-20-2004, 03:35 AM
According to the local Auto parts store, this product has already been discontinued...after only a few months it seems. I agree, it`s pretty bad. It doesn`t seem like they even tried the product before putting it on the market...the bottle is designed poorly and leaks.

bcwang
02-22-2005, 08:03 PM
yup, just tried it for the first time this weekend and it leaks more than it gets on the pad. I ended up taking it apart and pouring it onto the pad. Really poor design. Only time will tell how durable it is though.

EBPcivicsi
02-22-2005, 08:07 PM
Well, you didn`t miss much by not trying the tech protectant or whatever it is called now. On tires it will sling up to your roof. :eek:

About the EO, really makes you wonder if they actually tried it before introducing it to the market.