PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble with swirls......

TN9thSi
03-02-2004, 05:38 PM
This may be my first post, but I have been detailing cars for several years. I just had some warranty paint work done on my `03 Mazda6. The bodyshop got overspray on the doors and the windshield. Earlier today I took it back and had them remove the overspray. They got it all off but really screwed up my paint. I have polisher swirls on my door and looks like they washed the car with a dirty sponge. I just got some Meguiars Professional Mirror Glaze Swirl Remover and tried it out. Seems to remove MOST of the marring and swirls but I can still see it pretty plainly in direct sunlight. Is there anything I can do by hand to remove the swirls and scratches? This pisses me off that they can`t do their job correctly. And I am NOT gonna go back again and have them buff the car. Who knows what it would look like! Any advice is greatly appreciated.

taxidriver
03-02-2004, 05:49 PM
Meguiars speed glaze works for me

Accumulator
03-02-2004, 06:46 PM
TnM6i- Welcome to Autopia! Sorry to hear the shop was so crappy :mad: No excuse for overspray, though the swirl-infliction is pretty common.

I`m with taxidriver on this. The Meg`s #80 Speed Glaze is a little stronger than the #9 and it has "fresh paint safe" polymers in it that will give a little protection while you wait for your paint to cure. If THAT isn`t strong enough, move up to #83 DACP.

TN9thSi
03-02-2004, 09:52 PM
Luckily the area on the doors that had the overspray was not freshly painted. I have no idea how it got there because the area they worked on was INSIDE the door on the top sashes near the weatherstriping. The overspray was on the exact same area on both front doors and on the windshield. It remains a mystery. Even the body shop manager couldn`t figure it out.

I`m preparing to order a decent supply of detailing proucts, any other recommendations to bring my Lapis Blue Metallic to a higher level?