PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation for Cordless PC?

nizee
03-02-2004, 04:16 PM
Hello All,

First of all, i would like to thanks this site and all the people here for the great info this forum have. It`s like the details university!!

I get all my question answer by simply doing the search, except the above subject which confuse me.

I search that someone would recommend the Wen Cordless Orbital PC. Is it good? Any other PC out there that i go apart from this?

I also notice someone using their Cordless Drill as a PC. How do they get the chuck for this pad to fit in and where can you get them? It was not mention where i can get that. Is it some thing customize?

Thanks in Advance.

Jesstzn
03-02-2004, 05:25 PM
I have the Simoniz version of the Wen .. right off the top its not in the same league as the PC ( Porter Cable) but on the other hand I used mine for a year and it is slower than the PC but it did the job. Mine came with 2 batteries and they have good life. One will buff out about 1/4 of the car. I hvae the PC now and I use the cordless ro applying waxes etc or quickie spot jobs where I don`t want to pull out the PC and cords.

It can use the same pads. And is only 1 speed.

teamvegas
03-02-2004, 06:44 PM
I have the same as jesstzn and haven`t used it since I purchased my PC.

jimmybuffit
03-02-2004, 07:44 PM
No value. Worthless.

Do it by hand until you can afford the PC.

Jim

nizee
03-02-2004, 09:23 PM
I really wanted those electric PC and i can afford it, but the problem is i live in apartment and don`t have access to electrical socket. Unless i purchase a portable generator? I think that even expensive.

teamvegas
03-02-2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by nizee

I really wanted those electric PC and i can afford it, but the problem is i live in apartment and don`t have access to electrical socket. Unless i purchase a portable generator? I think that even expensive.

Yeah quite expensive and very annoying in an apartment complex.:nixweiss

jasonatv22
03-03-2004, 09:46 AM
Orange extension cords are all the rage.

togwt
03-03-2004, 10:07 AM
Quote: Recommendation for Cordless PC?

~One man’s opinion / observations ~

I take a 4†ROB Autosport P/T # 90093 Detailing Kit(autosportcatalog.com) to car shows. It comes with a storage bag, rechargeable 2-4.8V NiCad batteries @-hours buffing time), scrubbing brush, lambs wool pad, and a 6’ buffing pad.

~ Hope this helps ~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wastedâ€/

justadumbarchitect * so i question everything*

Jesstzn
03-03-2004, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by TOGWT

Quote: Recommendation for Cordless PC?

~One man’s opinion / observations ~

I take a 4†ROB Autosport P/T # 90093 Detailing Kit(autosportcatalog.com) to car shows. It comes with a storage bag, rechargeable 2-4.8V NiCad batteries @-hours buffing time), scrubbing brush, lambs wool pad, and a 6’ buffing pad.

~ Hope this helps ~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wastedâ€/

justadumbarchitect * so i question everything*

That looks the same as the Simoniz one I have *but* you get the tote which is a nice feature. Mine also came with a 4" pad. I found the 4" pads fit inside wax cans .. great for applying #26 etc.

kg/cm²
03-03-2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Postwood

:p

nizee
03-03-2004, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Postwood

I`ll probably need 3~4 to reach my parking spot.:( :o