PDA

View Full Version : NXT in Canada

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

rathi60
03-02-2004, 12:05 PM
Has anyone found NXT in the Canadian market?? It seems like there is no word about this product here. Kind of disappointing.!! What is going on?? :nixweiss

BillNorth
03-02-2004, 12:20 PM
There was a post about this 3 weeks ago. Try doing a search. Someone from meguiars canada posted that nxt is availalble at lordco and UAP/NAPA.

imported_Blake
03-02-2004, 01:24 PM
About a month ago Meguiar`s Canada indicated they expected to have product for the Performance World Car Show this coming weekend at the International Centre. If you`re planning on going to the show you might be able to pick it up there.

Inzane
03-02-2004, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by BillNorth

There was a post about this 3 weeks ago. Try doing a search. Someone from meguiars canada posted that nxt is availalble at lordco and UAP/NAPA.

No NXT products at the NAPA here. I was there last week asking about it and got the blank look response...

bboy850
03-02-2004, 03:08 PM
I`m planning to go Performance World this wkend to pickup some NXT. Hopefully they will have their professional line also, I need some DACP, #9 or #82, and maybe #16.

rathi60
03-02-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Blake

About a month ago Meguiar`s Canada indicated they expected to have product for the Performance World Car Show this coming weekend at the International Centre. If you`re planning on going to the show you might be able to pick it up there.

Don`t plan on it. I was at the Canadian Auto show last month and the guys at the booth did not know what NXT was.:confused: Infact they had a "careless" attitude and not helpful at all. I walkd away without buying anything. :mad: You will find out soon.

bboy850
03-02-2004, 03:43 PM
I emailed the Meguiars sales person for Canada, here it is:

Hello, we are in the process of setting up tax codes to sell online. We do not have confirmed date to when this will be complete. However, you will be able to purchase the NXT line at Performance World.

Thank you, Jennifer

Jennifer Loynd

Meguiar`s Canada Inc.

6135 Danville Rd.

Mississauga, ON L5T 2H7

Phone: (905) 670-5580 x 2229

Fax: (905)564-9150

email:jloynd@dominionsureseal.com

'D'
03-02-2004, 04:14 PM
Well, I`ll be going to Performance World on Friday. We`ll see if there is any there.

bboy850
03-02-2004, 04:21 PM
Cool...let us know if there is...I plan on going on Sunday, save me the trip if there isn`t any.

imported_Blake
03-02-2004, 04:46 PM
I know it is disappointing when the dealers don`t seem to know about the new products. The dealer that Meguiars Canada told me would be carrying it didn`t know anything about it when I asked. I think NAPA can probably order it in if they give a crap and soon we will have the opportunity to order from Meguiars Canada direct.

The product is worth having....I picked some up in the States.

bboy850
03-02-2004, 06:44 PM
Yeah I know what you mean...I went to Canadian Tire hoping they would have the Meguiars professional line for sale, they have a couple of those products but can`t order other ones which was kinda of weird.:confused:

teamvegas
03-02-2004, 06:51 PM
Off the topic a little but I found it at a local Mazda dealership for $30.00. I asked how much they sold at that price and the replied "plenty. We sell only the best for our cars and that is the price only for a new car purchase. It is normally 37.99." I couldn`t belive people were actually paying that.

rathi60
03-02-2004, 07:55 PM
I tried the local CMAX store and they don`t have it either.:nixweiss

paco
03-02-2004, 08:34 PM
Fellow canadians ... don`t expect anyone other than Canadian Tire to carry it.

UAP/Napa carry very little Meguair`s any more and auto paint center`s will only carry professional grade supplies so NXT is out. Unless Walmart Canada decides to take it only, CT may be our only reliable option. Considering the packaging format, I`d be very surprised once Meguiar`s Canada sort`s out the importing issue that they won`t have it on their shelves. It`ll be line up right next to the Gold Class or Eagle one nano series.

Meguiar`s Canada has been saying the online thing for soo long now I don`t hold my breath. It`s been over a year and half and it doesn`t look like they are any closer.

I`ve meet Jennifer and she`s a nice person as is Greg the GM but I agree, Meguiar`s Canada is severely lacking in understanding their product line to be honest and at providing proper support.

I still can not believe we can not get APC+ up here and this whole thing about No. 9 v2.0 not having a french label, therefore it`s packaged with the label without the v2.0 is just plain silly. Especially considering it only effects the small bottle and not the gallon jug size.

Also, why we don`t have access to the 3 pack of pads etc is beyond me.

I`d love a crack at managing Meguiar`s Canada because I honestly believe there isn`t enough exposure of Meguiar`s products up here. It always surprises me that people only associate Meguiar`s with the very low end consumer line and have no idea that they have better products. Considering how much auto paint supply stores mark up the product and the hassle of ordering directly from Meguiar`s Canada (need to be box orders i.e. 4 bottles etc.) ..

I`m surprised I put up with it.

Maybe Mike will step in and shed some light on the issue. Mike, if Meguiar`s Canada would like a Project Manager to help out.. let me know. Seriously... :xyxthumbs I`m about due for a new challenge.

Paco

bboy850
03-02-2004, 09:08 PM
You have my vote...I think with the weather and elements that Canada gets it would be a perfect place to test their products out. I think also all our stores (Walmart, Canadian Tire, etc) has has nothing compared to the US stores. I mean when we need a product, most of the time its online ordering and most places don`t ship to Canada/or have shipping and handling charges. Geez, I can`t even find stores that carry MF towels...hopefully some company decides its time to invade the Canadian market soon.