PDA

View Full Version : zaino?

imported_biohazard
03-02-2004, 11:43 AM
another question for you guys (and gals)...

if i wanted to get get on the zaino train. which one should i use for my vehicles? 2003 vw jetta (silver) 2003 GMC yukon (dark silver). I believe z-2 would be the right choice. is z-1 required before z-2 or would it be ok to apply it after polishing with Menzerna Final Polish?

Thanks again...

imported_jgv
03-02-2004, 12:06 PM
I`d always use Z1 after polish and before Z2 ;)

former86camaro
03-02-2004, 12:09 PM
Call Sal and get it directly from the horse himself...

stangclassic66
03-02-2004, 12:19 PM
Hey biohazard,

This what you`d want to do it RIGHT and as quick as possible doing the Zaino method.

ZFX, Z2, Z6, Z18 (clay), and Dawn regular soap

Here are the steps, follow them and you will get good results.

-Wash with Dawn, get all dirt with washmit

-Rinse car, don`t dry yet

-Z18 the car. Don`t push on the bar, just slide it with VERY light to no pressure. Make sure to fold the bar when it gets dirty.

-Mix 4 drop of ZFX with 1-2oz. of Z2. 2oz. should get your 3 coats with some to spare.

-Apply the mix of ZFX/Z2 very lightly in a back and forth motion. NOTE: don`t use much. A quarter sized drop on the applicator should cover 1/2 - 3/4 of the hood. You want to make sure it is applied sparingly so it dries FASTER.

-Once you got it on the entire car, make sure it is dry, if so, start buffing where you started using a microfiber. If not, clean the interior while it dries.

-Once done, use the Z6. Again use sparingly. One full spray should cover the hood. Half a spray should cover the fender/quarter/door. The microfiber should only be slightly damp after doing the whole car, if it`s soaked, you used and wasted too much.

-Reapply ZFX/Z2 then wipe off

-Z6 again

-Reapply ZFX/Z2 one last time

-Z6 again

The third coat of ZFX/Z2 and Z6 should be the cherry on top.

Good Luck

Erik

trueblueblood
03-02-2004, 04:48 PM
Check out David`s The ZAino Expereince article on autopia just go to the shop portion and do a search! It helped me alot!

ultrajim49
03-03-2004, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by true blue blood

Check out David`s The ZAino Expereince article on autopia just go to the shop portion and do a search! It helped me alot!

:xyxthumbs check this out (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/zaino.html)

:wavey

Christiaan