PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Pittsburgh, PA

Pages : [1] 2

jinxxycat
03-02-2004, 09:30 AM
Hi everyone!:wavey

My name is Terri and I am a moderator over at zchickz.com, I have heard nothing but good stuff from Pats300zx about yall. So, I decided to come on over for some learning--I have a 350Z and want to keep her looking brand new. I am also considering showing her this year so I need all the tips I can get. I am sure I will learn a lot from you all.

HI PAT! Can`t wait for that spring meet!

Pats300zx
03-02-2004, 09:56 AM
Welcome to Autopia Jinxxycat

:wavey

Its great to have another Z lover on the forum :xyxthumbs

togwt
03-02-2004, 10:10 AM
Hi Terri, welcome again

As you will see it’s a ‘very user friendly’ place, the people on this forum are very knowledgeable, and are more than willing to share their knowledge. The one thing that seems to stand out here compared to other special interest forums is a spirit of "open mindednessâ€, it’s not marque or brand specific and no opinion expressed is ‘wrong’ just different.

I’ve put this together to help you ‘find your way around’, it’s a lot of reading but worthwhile.

After reading the House Rules (upper left of the home page) that will tell you a bit about our operating procedures (and then Acronyms) Suggest you start at David’s guide (Learn icon – Car Care Topics) and/or (Forum – University) you could also research FAQ (go to Interact-Features-FAQ) or Interact (Search) and then ask your questions on (Forums - University) there are also tips on products under Shop (How-To) plus be sure to check on the discounts available to forum members. And there’s the (Reviews) section that includes the Hall of Fame, where contributing members have posted their evaluation of products.

The Autopia “Guide to detailing eBook†(eBook Subscription) covers most facets of vehicle detailing, it only costs $9.95, and that money helps to support this forum. If Autopia solves just one of your detailing problems it’s worth the price of admission

"Learn the prep b4 using good products, it will save you $$$ in the long run." hondaguy2582

~Hope this helps~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wastedâ€/

justadumbarchitect *so I question everything*

jinxxycat
03-02-2004, 10:23 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys! I am sure I will be visiting frequently, and TOGWT, thx for the site introduction!

mgk65
03-02-2004, 09:57 PM
Looks like the are a lot of Brickyards around here.... ;)

JustinR32
03-02-2004, 10:02 PM
Welcome, Terri!

What part of the `Burgh? I grew up in Pleasant Hills.

Tom

Mmmph
03-02-2004, 10:37 PM
Welcome...Have a Primanti Brothers sandwich for me!

bigltc
03-02-2004, 11:46 PM
Now that sounds like a good idea!!

reevis
03-03-2004, 08:24 AM
Welcome! Sweet ride you got there!

I got family in Natrona and friends in Beaver Falls...

MMMM.....Primanti Bros. :)

Murph1083
03-03-2004, 09:10 AM
hello fellow Pittsburgher :welcome

csssaint12
03-03-2004, 09:11 AM
I`ve lived in Pleasant Hills for the last 19 years. They now have

a Primanti Bros. on Route 51.

jinxxycat
03-03-2004, 10:23 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome yall! (I really don`t say Yinz, I am orig. from Richmond, VA) Good to see some fellow pittsburghers around here. I live in Wilkins Twp (up the hill from Turtle Creek) for those of you familiar with the area. I work in Blownox on Freeport Road for a construction company, so if you are in the area and see my Z, come and say HI!

Nice to be here, I am sure that you will all help me out with all the questions I have! Thanks in advance! :bow

Terri

PS Being from the South, I just don`t get Primanti Bros, what is the deal with FF and slaw on your sandwich??? Everyone raves about it, just looks YECH to me! LOL

Murph1083
03-03-2004, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by jinxxycat

Thanks for the warm welcome yall! (I really don`t say Yinz, I am orig. from Richmond, VA) Good to see some fellow pittsburghers around here. I live in Wilkins Twp (up the hill from Turtle Creek) for those of you familiar with the area. I work in Blownox on Freeport Road for a construction company, so if you are in the area and see my Z, come and say HI!

Church Hill Here

jinxxycat
03-03-2004, 03:01 PM
We are neighbors! I live off of Greensburg Pike behind Bob`s Lounge..........do you know Bob`s? We call it Roberto`s drink Emporium! HeeHee

My husband has been with Wilkins #1 VFD for 16 years.

He grew up here, I`ve only been here for a little over 2 years so I really don`t know many people round here except his family.

Thanks again for the welcome!!!

Murph1083
03-03-2004, 03:07 PM
ya i know bob`s....they have some good seasoned wings. You guys know Mike @ Personal Touch on the Pike?