PDA

View Full Version : How does this sound?!

bronze2006
03-01-2004, 10:51 PM
What do you think of this process? Comments/suggestions are greatly appericiated. I have a platinum gray (metallic) jetta.

Wash at least weekly with GC

Apply NXT wax every 4-6 weeks with mf or foam applicator and buffing with mf

Use NXT spray wax every 1-2 weeks or as needed to improve finish

Clay every 3-4 months

Is this to simple? should I do something to prep the paint before the wax, anyone try klase AIO then NXT??

If I find I have enough time and get really into detailing I might switch to klasse twins topped witha p21s in a few months, but that seems a little ambitious for just a novice...

bronze2006
03-02-2004, 08:50 AM
anybody?

imported_BretFraz
03-02-2004, 09:01 AM
Sounds OK to me. I think NXT wax will last 4 weeks without a boost. Maybe some QD if/when your car gets dusty or whatever would be a better idea. I`ve used NXT spray wax and didn`t care for it much; not nearly as slick and a bit of a PITA to use. Might as well use the regular wax if you`re going to all that effort.

All this assumes your car`s paint is in like-new condition with little or no swirls, no oxidation, no defects that need more serious attention. If you have never polished your car, try something like Medallion paint cleaner or other medium polish (DACP, 1Z paint polish, Mother prewax cleaner, etc).

Clay as needed, not as scheduled. You`ll prolly find spot claying will be rather frequent but a whole car is only done once or twice a year. Claying every 90 days seems excessive.

GC wash is fine if you already have it. If not look for NXT shampoo, Eagle One WET shampoo, or Mothers shampoo. All are very good and available everywhere. Kind of a toss up here.

Have fun detailing!! :up

bronze2006
03-02-2004, 10:49 AM
My paint is in new perfect condition, should I still polish it?

jasonatv22
03-02-2004, 10:52 AM
I`d suggest claying it, because you`ll be surprised how unclean certain parts of your car are even after washing. Sounds like that color will really great. Take pics.

04Runner
03-02-2004, 10:55 AM
I’m thinking no on the polish if your paint is in perfect condition. I would definitely use the clay though, even if the car is new. I’m a bit of a novice myself still so maybe some of the experts can confirm this…

former86camaro
03-02-2004, 10:58 AM
Clay twice a year IMO.... Or unless needed...

gb387
03-02-2004, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by bronze2006

My paint is in new perfect condition, should I still polish it?

You know I am a big fan of polishing. I never use to be but I tried it once and the finish looked just that much better. To me polishing is a very useful step and worth the time and effort even on a new finish. You can use the NXT alone but I use it with a polish to help get a deeper better shine and if needed I will clay my truck or use a paint cleaner depending on the condition of the paint. Also… if you have the time I also think its well worth the time and effort to add a second coat of NXT 24 hours or so after the first coat is done. I did this, it didn`t really shine any more but there was much more depth to the finish it was a noticeable difference.

Gold Class soap is some good stuff and that is what I use but the NXT is suppose to be just a little better than GC.

As far as the booster wax... I have used it and it will take a little time to get use to using it, when you do its very easy to use. Wipes on easy then dries and wipes off even easier. Don`t use to much booster it will get hard to remove a little goes a long ways you might have to play with it a little. I am not sure that it added any protection but it sure added to the shine and depth. I applied my booster wax 4 weeks after the NXT wax, I think the booster is good every 3-4 weeks, that is when I am going to apply it anyway only took 20 min to do.