PDA

View Full Version : Claybar / Microfiber method.....

Pages : [1] 2

imported_Luster
03-01-2004, 12:45 PM
I don`t know if I am the very first to use this method, but it`s certainly worth sharing with other Autopians.....

I discovered, by accident, on Saturday, a new method of using clay-bar.

I washed the car, as usual, and didn`t dry it. Then as I began to clay, with the dripping wet MF in one hand and the clay in the other, I placed the MF over the clay.

This provided TONS of lubrication for the clay bar and no chance of hitting a dry spot.

I continued to dip the MF and clay bar into the car-wash water and clay the car, using the MF as a constant lube.

It worked great.........super slick finish.

Am I the first? Could this possibly be deemed the Luster-Clay Method? (j/k)

Give it a try. And remember....don`t wring that MF!

:D

Kleanride
03-01-2004, 01:10 PM
Oh, I discovered that on Friday. Too bad, beat you too it! jk!

That sounds great! I am going to have to try that (in a few weeks when the weather is nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

raymond_ho2002
03-01-2004, 01:10 PM
Does the claybar pull any fabric off the microfiber?

Aside from that one concern, I`d consider giving it a try the next time i clay!

-Raymond

imported_Luster
03-01-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by raymond_ho2002

Does the claybar pull any fabric off the microfiber?

I certainly didn`t notice any of the MF coming off into the clay. It did leave a MF texture in the clay, but that`s pretty harmless and is easily erased by "kneading" the clay. (stretching, pulling apart and overlapping)...

andriver
03-01-2004, 01:30 PM
I am sold on the new Luster-Clay Method or as we shall call it from now on the LCM way of claying.

Patrick
03-01-2004, 03:16 PM
Ya big chicken, you didnt want to get clay on your hands !!

Good job !

Accumulator
03-01-2004, 03:19 PM
I`ve had issues with clay sticking to cloths (MF or otherwise). Which clay were you using?

imported_Luster
03-01-2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Accumulator

I`ve had issues with clay sticking to cloths (MF or otherwise). Which clay were you using?

I was using Mother`s Clay Bar. It didn`t stick at all, but there was so much soapy water in the MF that it couldn`t really stick.

Accumulator
03-01-2004, 03:32 PM
OK, I see :xyxthumbs

esbrown
03-01-2004, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Luster

I was using Mother`s Clay Bar. It didn`t stick at all, but there was so much soapy water in the MF that it couldn`t really stick.

I bought a Mother`s Clay Bar kit and the instructions specifically said, "DO NOT USE WATER". Are you saying that it is ok to use H2O as long as you use soap?....That beats paying for QD!

imported_Luster
03-01-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by esbrown1

I bought a Mother`s Clay Bar kit and the instructions specifically said, "DO NOT USE WATER". Are you saying that it is ok to use H2O as long as you use soap?....That beats paying for QD!

I have never used any QD with any claybar product.

To be honest, I`ve never read the Mother`s lable. (shame on me!)

But it`s pretty simple, really. If you could clay your car underwater, that would be the ultimate lube.

The Mother`s clay does`nt fall apart, crumble, or deteriorate. I keep it in a plastic bag for my next claying, with a few drops of water in the bag.

Good as new.

raymond_ho2002
03-01-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by esbrown1

QD is mostly water.

I think that they just mean to not use water without any sort of lubricant in it.

-Raymond

esbrown
03-03-2004, 11:00 AM
Cool! I`ll give it a try.

Eric

medic159
03-03-2004, 12:04 PM
I`ve been doing that for years. I use the clay when I wash the car so I simpy place the piece of clay on the surface and place the towel over it for a better grip.

togwt
03-03-2004, 12:13 PM
Could this possibly be deemed the Luster-Clay Method?

Or the LCM method of claying.

Any votes?