PDA

View Full Version : Am I doing it the right way?

leowcj
03-01-2004, 05:57 AM
Every 6 months

1 - Autoglym car shampoo

2 - clay bar

3 - 3M Machine Glaze/ 3M SMR

4 - Autoglym SUPER RESIN POLISH

5 - Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection X 3 coats

6 - Meguiar Gold Class Clear Coat Car Wax

Monthly

1 - Autoglym car shampoo

2 - Autoglym SUPER RESIN POLISH

4 - Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection

5 - Meguiar Gold Class Clear Coat Car Wax

Weekly

1 - Autoglym car shampoo

2 - Meguiar Gold Class Clear Coat Car Wax

Questions:

a) Is it a good idea to apply Autoglym EGP over Meguiar wax? For example, in my weekly wash, it is okay to apply Autoglym EGP first following by the wax? I am worried that the car shampoo might not get ride of all the wax and the EGP will not be able to bond well.

b) I have a Show car glaze #7. How can I include this in my routines?

Anyone has a better sugggestion to my routines? Thanks in advance

CJ

shaf
03-02-2004, 01:53 AM
I don`t really think you should be using the Gold Class over top of the EGP. It seems to have mild cleaning properties to it, and will probably degrade the EGP over time.

If it were me, I would be more inclined to simply skip the wax and use EGP exclusively instead. How often you`d need to reapply it or redo everything is subjective because it depends on how much swirling your car accumulates in between overhauls and how long the EGP lasts in your part of the world... Sorry I can`t really give you a more concrete answer to that.

Maybe look into a spray wax if you just want to reinforce the EGP regularly.

No, as far as I know I don`t think you can really incorporate #7 into this plan, as it`s more of a product for carnauba waxes to go along with.

imported_mirrorfinishman
03-02-2004, 08:51 AM
I really do not use the brands that you listed, however, it does look like you have got a very good routine.

togwt
03-02-2004, 09:35 AM
Quote: Am I doing it the right way?

~One mans opinion / observation~

I don’t see anything wrong with your process; I think the only thing missing is a QD type wax spray (that Autoglym to-date does not manufacture) I usually use Zymol Field Glaze.

4DSC I wasn’t aware that Autoglym EG contained any cleaning agent.

~ Hope this helps ~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/

justadumbarchitect * so i question everything*

shaf
03-03-2004, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by TOGWT

4DSC I wasn’t aware that Autoglym EG contained any cleaning agent. It doesn`t. What I had said was that Gold Class has some cleaning ability, so combining GC and EGP together might not work out too well. Other than that, I think it`s fine.

Accumulator
03-04-2004, 11:05 AM
Yeah, skip the GC. And I`d be sorta surprised if monthly redos with the SRP/EGP are required. It`ll probably last longer than that. Maybe just another application of EGP.

Lowejackson
03-05-2004, 03:27 PM
Autoglym do a Show Shine, which seems to be a QD but I have not used it.