PDA

View Full Version : My observation using #26 over DCS step 2

DBC
03-01-2004, 12:07 AM
well i finally got around to purchasing and trying out some #26 today.i took off the old wax on the car using a small dawn bottle w/a sprayer and proceeded to clay the car while im at it.i didnt bother to wash the car after since it was still pretty clean and besides the dawn took care of the rest.anyway i started using the step 2 polish from the consumer line and worked it into the paint until almost gone.after buffing it off it made the paint look somewhat wet.then used the #26.heres what i noticed

1.very easy to apply

2.very easy to take off as long as u apply thin coats

3.since i have a white car i noticed that after the wetness the #2 gave off,althougth slight,the #26 made the reflections clearer.i could clearly see everything that was being reflected off of my car.

4.very tight beading from what i see.

i have to say that #26 is very user friendly as long as thin coats are used sparingly.now i have to see how durable it is.perfect timing i guess since its been raining alot here lately.

coming up next:

p.s sorry but no pics to post since i dont have a digi cam available.wish these things were cheaper:(

Scottwax
03-01-2004, 01:43 AM
#26 is a great product and was the topper of choice for me for several years until I discovered S100, Poorboys and Clearkote products.

I think you will like #16 even more.

DBC
03-01-2004, 03:50 AM
im excited to try out #16 first then #26 w/#16 over it.ive seen some of your pics of vehicles that youve detailed and i still must say that your work is incredible.like yourself i do everything by hand since i cant get my hands on a PC yet.

ive read somewhere that #16 is similar to s100/p21s?accept that it gives off a more glossy,wet look.what im trying to do is to find the right combo for my white car to make the white look like "candy" white?if thats possible by using some other sealants like PB,UPP,etc..is that possible?i thought i seen a pic of a truck looking like that.if not then oh well.anyone have any other thoughts?

beanbag
03-01-2004, 06:16 AM
In my experience, if you go all out and get a PC, polishes, all the right waxes/sealants, etc, you will only slightly improve the look that you are getting right now. With a white car, almost nothing you do makes much of a difference. If you look closely or under the right lighting conditions, you can see the difference you made, but from a distance, it`ll look about the same.

DBC
03-01-2004, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by beanbag

In my experience, if you go all out and get a PC, polishes, all the right waxes/sealants, etc, you will only slightly improve the look that you are getting right now. With a white car, almost nothing you do makes much of a difference. If you look closely or under the right lighting conditions, you can see the difference you made, but from a distance, it`ll look about the same.

i understand what youre saying.just that since this is my first light colored vehicle and from what i noticed looking at pics of white cars,im looking for more of a certain tone.other ppl who arent clean freaks with their vehicles like how we are with ours,wouldnt really be able to tell a difference unless someone who really upkeeps theirs notices and thats when id b satisfied.like they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder.ill never b satisfied until ive found what im looking for.

besides im in that phase where im trying out different products as discussed here to see what works and what i do like.other than that this is my hobby.happy detailing!

Aloha,

Robert:bounce

spetulla
03-01-2004, 04:45 PM
doesnt #26 contain sillicones?

jcake5
03-01-2004, 09:36 PM
Hi Robert,

I too have a white car that I try to maintain the finish on and have noticed a difference in products. Klasse twins followed by UPP seem to me to make the finish more reflective and have greater depth vs. most other protectants.

I do like carnuaba and use #26 and S100 but the look, ease of maintenance and durability of sealents has me sold on Alpine White III. Carnuaba over Klasse SG on my metaltic gray Chrysler is the winning combination. So, as stated so many time before beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I have a white chevy that I a trying Duragloss sealent, wash and fast clean & shine on and so far am very happy with the results. Very easy to maintain the gloss, depth of shine etc. Durability is being tested.

DBC
03-01-2004, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by jcake5

Hi Robert,

I too have a white car that I try to maintain the finish on and have noticed a difference in products. Klasse twins followed by UPP seem to me to make the finish more reflective and have greater depth vs. most other protectants.

I do like carnuaba and use #26 and S100 but the look, ease of maintenance and durability of sealents has me sold on Alpine White III. Carnuaba over Klasse SG on my metaltic gray Chrysler is the winning combination. So, as stated so many time before beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I have a white chevy that I a trying Duragloss sealent, wash and fast clean & shine on and so far am very happy with the results. Very easy to maintain the gloss, depth of shine etc. Durability is being tested.

im glad im not the only one who notices these things using different products on white colored vehicles.but i would say the more "pro" detailers would notice them also.

Jcake5 or anyone,what does alpine white look like?the tone of white that im looking for to get or at least resembles the white thats on the nissan murano suv`s.i thought it looked really soft but yet it shimmered brightly and has a high glossy look to it

jerry@robs
03-02-2004, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by spetulla

doesnt #26 contain sillicones?

AFAIK all waxes do.