PDA

View Full Version : pitted chrome rims, my fault!!

airjames
02-29-2004, 10:23 PM
Yep,

I have chromes on my Ranger. there stock, they look like brand friggn new from a distance but up close they look like dog crap!!

I let them go too long without a coating of wax or sealant or something on there. The brake dust has gotten to the point of imbedding itself into the chrome and new rust spots have appeared, but there only surface rust as of now.

I noticed this when I was washing my truck today. I need something abrasive to try and get this **** of my rims. I was thinking of something like Meguiars Gold Class all metal restorer or something along those lines. Please advice. thanks,,,,,91

LouisanaJeeper
02-29-2004, 11:03 PM
clay

metal polish (or DACP if they are actually clearcoated)

wax/sealant

airjames
03-01-2004, 06:12 PM
Hey LouisanaJeeper,

Just a brainstorm here. I was thinking of taking my PC with DACP and a cutting pad like you said. However, my rims are angled in where the hub cap is. Thus, making it difficult to get in there. I can give it a go though and see what happens.

Probably the best way to do it is work DACP in by hand and see how that turns out.

As far as metal polish goes, do you mean just any ordinary metal polish or the mirror glaze professional polish from Meguiars??? tks man,,,,,91

imported_mirrorfinishman
03-02-2004, 09:01 AM
You may want to try Meguiar`s Hot Rims /Cool Care All Wheel Cleaner

http://www.meguiars.com/product_showroom/showproducts_template.cfm?SrcLine=CW

togwt
03-02-2004, 09:40 AM
Quote: pitted chrome rims, my fault!!

~One mans opinion / observation~

You might want to start with Detailers clay to remove any imbedded brake dust and then the Megs Hot Rims as suggested

~ Hope this helps ~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/

justadumbarchitect * so i question everything*