PDA

View Full Version : Best QDs for Carnauba Finishes

WAX2MUCH
02-29-2004, 05:00 PM
Looking for some recommendations on what QD to use on high quality carnauba waxes? Specifically, what is recommended for use with P21S carnauba?

Would Clear Pearl or Meguiar`s FI work well?

Thanks.

grt1today
02-29-2004, 05:06 PM
You threw this one up too easy, so allow me to knock it out of Yankee Stadium... "Crystal Mist" nuff said!:xyxthumbs

Accumulator
02-29-2004, 05:35 PM
Yeah, Pinnacle`s Crystal Mist is good. So is ClearKote`s Qwik Shine, which is pretty inexpensive, too. I`m not thrilled with EF Clear Pearl, but others like it. I DO really like Griot`s Speed Shine, which seems to add more wax/protection than most others (if you use it to remove a bird bomb, you`ll see where you used it during your next wash- different beading). I think many people are using Meg`s Final *Detail* these days too.

*I* don`t use FI for anything except a polishing aid (note that I DO use a lot of it for that); I quit using it on Last Step Products. I think its alcohol content makes it remove too much protection and I don`t think it leaves much (if anything) beneficial behind.

JustinR32
02-29-2004, 05:39 PM
About the same, and a lot cheaper, is Griot`s Speed Shine. The only difference I can tell is the smell; the look is identical, and Griot`s is $30/gal rather than $20/pt. It`s not often you`ll see a Griot`s product called a bargain, it must be a "foot in the door" product for them. I`d also mention Meg`s Final Detail, but it`s hard to find. $20/gal retail.

edit: And, Accumulator beat me to it by 4 minutes!

Tom

imported_RIC
02-29-2004, 08:38 PM
Meguiar`s Final Detail

Inexpensive, very glossy

Usually available at Paint & Body Shop Supplier stores, or thru a Meguiar`s distributor.

AkronSi
03-01-2004, 11:01 AM
My votes for Griot`s Speed Shine. I was finally able to give my car a proper wash this weekend and used some Speed Shine with a little Poorboy`s S&W and I have to say that I was really impressed with the slickness and shine of the finish. You wouldn`t even be able to guess that the car hasn`t been waxed since November and has endured a NE Ohio winter.

tom p.
03-01-2004, 12:43 PM
I`ve got the Pinnacle product which is very nice. Also, the One Grand QD has lots of wax in it....probably more than any other comparable product I have seen. This is good and bad. It`s bad in the cold weather as you end up with smearing and it doesn`t look quite right. It`s good if you want to refresh your wax and have the time to deal with it. It does take a bit longer to use and I wouldn`t really classify with Meguiar`s #34, for example.

It looks great when all polished up!