PDA

View Full Version : True paint cleaners/polishes that don`t leave anything behind.

imported_jgv
02-29-2004, 02:58 PM
P21S PWCL, Pinnacles CL, 4Star UPC, Klasse AIO, Megs #9, 3M SMR, etc. All these are mild polishes/paint cleaners that will leave something on the surface after removal of product. You can see it thru slickness, shine, etc.

Which are those true cleaners that only clean/polish?

JustinR32
02-29-2004, 03:12 PM
Well, the Menzernas for starters.

Tom

rstype
02-29-2004, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Mosca

Well, the Menzernas for starters.

Tom

Perhaps. I haven`t tried Menzerna products yet, but I`m curious why CMA recommends IPA to wipe it off.

Accumulator
02-29-2004, 03:27 PM
And presumably 3M`s PI-III MG (pn 05937). It`s supposed to be "filler free". Like the Menzerna stuff, it`s really just a polish, but it`ll "clean" through abrasion.

BTW, I dunno if I`d assume residual product based on shine, slickness, etc. The smoother you get the paint, the more I`d expect to have those characteristics anyhow.

JustinR32
02-29-2004, 03:32 PM
BW,

The Menzernas dry out very quickly, and can be a sonu```un to remove when dry. I`ve always thought IPA was recommended for that reason. My experience has been that if you pull out the removal cloth at the right time, IPA is unnecessary. I haven`t used it with the Menzernas for quite some time.

Tom

imported_Greg
02-29-2004, 04:35 PM
The M-Twins are water based and from my experience, don`t contain any fillers. I`ve used the alcohol/water simply to remove the stuff that won`t come off. After final polish, the paint squeaks like nothing else I`ve used. Also, another IP/h2o pass shows no difference in it- hence no fillers removed.

imported_jgv
03-01-2004, 06:18 AM
I had the Menzernas in mind also. I`ll just add some more:

Farecla G10

Presta Glaze 3000

Poorboys Pro Polish

Meguiars Medallion Paint Cleaner

JimS
03-01-2004, 08:30 AM
I believe that Steve at Poorboy designed his products, like the SSR`s and the polish, to be body shop safe. That means no fillers etc.