PDA

View Full Version : Beginners Question

luke667
02-29-2004, 01:11 PM
Hey, pretty short and sweet question here...What is a polymer sealant, What does it do, and when should you use it? i.e after polish and after carnuba wax? thanks alot :bounce

imported_pugoman
02-29-2004, 01:26 PM
Use it after polishing and wait 24hrs before topping with your favourite carnauba if you feel it`s necessary.

A polymer sealant will give alot more durability over a normal wax.

butchdave
02-29-2004, 02:37 PM
Of course polymer sealants also come in cleaner `wax` versions as well, although I use the term polymer a bit loosely - I think you will find there is polymer, acrylic and resin.

Autglyms SR, AIO and Grojet contain cleaners. Certainly the SR leaves a sealant, not sure about the others, but all can be topped with sealant

luke667
02-29-2004, 02:48 PM
so the best process would be to use, Meguiars Polish, AIO, and then #26? for example?

Accumulator
02-29-2004, 03:18 PM
Yeah, that would work, although the AIO has really effective cleaners, so it`ll clean off anything the Meg`s polish left behind. Maybe not what you want if you`re using #7/#3/#81 etc. Not a whole lot of "sealant" in the AIO, either, so maybe that`s not the greatest example (it`s much more of a "paint cleaner").

But yeah, you polish, then you seal, then you wax if you feel the sealant`s appearance lacks something. Uhm, if this isn`t clear, get back for another try :cool: