PDA

View Full Version : DACP and SFP F-up -Please Help!!

stangclassic66
02-29-2004, 01:42 AM
Hello Everyone,

Been reading Scottwax`s posts here and offtopic and thought I could apply DACP and SFP by hand. Here`s the short story.

-Test Vehicle: 1966 Ford Mustang Fastback (Single Stage: Candy Apple Red)

-Applicators: Ralph Lauren terry cloth bath towel (100% cotton), another large no-name 100% terry cloth bath towel, and round terry cloth pad from Target.

-Test Product: DACP & SFP

Ok, I washed the car with Joy to remove the Zaino that was previously applied. I used the blue microfiber wash mit.

Dried with orange microfiber drying towel.

The car previously had circular swirl marks and a couple of light scratches. So I tried SFP first to see if I could remove it. Using Scottwax`s terry cloth technique to get equal pressure and applied the SFP directly to the towel. Applied moderate pressure in a back and forth motion on top of the right fender. No change to the circular swirl marks. Applied the DACP with the same ammount of pressure, no change in the swirl marks. NOTE: the SS paint was being removed from car and onto the towel.

Reapplied DACP this time with two hand and more pressure. The `circular` swirls got removed, but I NOW have `straight` swirl marks . I cannot remove them. Please advise on the next move.

Thanks in advance.

Erik

Scottwax
02-29-2004, 02:03 AM
Are you working DACP until nearly clear and dry? If not, the abrasives won`t break down. Are you refolding the towels for each section? If not, the product can build up on the towels and scratch the paint. You should not have to use two handed pressure. If you need to, then less pressure and a slightly more abrasive product is better.

Without watching you work it is hard to say what is going on.