PDA

View Full Version : what gets the best shine

shelbygt350
02-28-2004, 10:02 PM
hi iam new here but I have a black truck and silver car and grabber green car what gets the best shine and what

about leather cleaner and cond tks bob

jerry@robs
02-28-2004, 10:07 PM
Welcome, I suggest you visit http://www.bettercarcare.com/ and read about the basics, there are a lot of products that you can use to achieve great results... Technique is much more important than products.

LouisanaJeeper
02-28-2004, 10:07 PM
You have a couple options, a few good system are

Meg`s NXT, Klasse, Zaino, Poorboys

I suggest you look at the "click and brag" section and decide which products look the best (to you) on the cars in that section.

I perfer Zaino

imported_memnuts
02-29-2004, 07:13 AM
Prepping the finish meticulously achieves the best results. Work the finish until you get the appearance qualities that you desire. Protect with almost any products you find reviewed here as LouisanaJeeper stated, that also maintains that look (wetness, depth, reflectivity, gloss, etc) you want.

Welcome to Autopia. :wavey

imported_BretFraz
02-29-2004, 07:38 AM
I agree with those who think that the best shine is obtained by technique, process, and effort.

Do the job correctly and you`ll find most products are interchangable.

kpounds
02-29-2004, 08:03 AM
85% of the shine is achieved by preparation (wash, clay, polishes). 15% by the wax. That rule of thumb is what separates the autopian shine from others.

Clays- Clay Magic (blue), Meguiars, Mothers

Polishes- Einzett, Meguiars Pro line (DACP, Speed Glaze, Hand Polish, FCC for light scratches that DACP cant handle) Clearkote VM Hand Glaze, Klasse AIO

Waxes- NXT, Blitz wax, Mothers carnuba

NEW AGAIN
02-29-2004, 09:01 AM
Good prep work as stated

These combos:

Clearkote vanilla hand glaze followed w/s100

Meguairs hand polish w/ NXT followed w/#16

Poorboy`s Polish w/carnauba follwed w/EX

Leather: Lexol or Leatherique