PDA

View Full Version : Is Zaino bonding?

imported_jgv
02-28-2004, 03:40 PM
How can one tell if Zaino is bonding to the surface or not? Immediately? Durability reduced?

LouisanaJeeper
02-28-2004, 03:47 PM
long term durability

imported_jgv
02-28-2004, 06:32 PM
So, using it (Z1 + Z2/Z5) over any final polish/glaze would mean less durability, say 1 month? 2 or 3? till the next wash?

Magellan498
02-28-2004, 06:52 PM
Well yes.

The surface cannot have any glazes/oils from polishes present if you want Zaino to bond properly. I`ve used AIO to prep paint for Z1+Z2 before with great results. Just need to have a clean surface for Z1.

imported_jgv
02-28-2004, 06:58 PM
Well you got where I wanted. AIO leaves something on the surface, how can I (we?) tell if Z is bonding? (ok, if you guys say it does...:up )

Cause there are other products that can be used as well substituting AIO as a cleaner...

camryKev
02-29-2004, 02:13 AM
If you zainoed your vehicle, yet you continue to wash it on a regular basis..will the zaino come off?

i ask this because i wash my car once a week or so. everytime i finish washing, i spray some ZFX on.

imported_jgv
02-29-2004, 02:08 PM
Anyone has a way to tell if it`s bonding or not?

imported_Greg
02-29-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by camryKev

If you zainoed your vehicle, yet you continue to wash it on a regular basis..will the zaino come off?

i ask this because i wash my car once a week or so. everytime i finish washing, i spray some ZFX on.

? :nixweiss ?

You actually just spray ZFX onto the surface? How come?

jgv- while there probably is some scientific equipment that would be able to measure bonding, in the real world that isn`t feasible. Therefore, if something is lasting on a cars finish that is subjected to rain, salt, bird bombs, etc and continues to show signs of durability, then it has probably bonded to the surface somehow.

Dtail
02-29-2004, 02:44 PM
After you`re first wash, if you noticed that the beading gradually degrade while washing maybe you`ll notice the zaino starting to wash off? It`ll be really hard to tell when you have other sealant underneath because whether the zaino didn`t bond properly or did you`re car will still have a protection underneath and will look shiney no matter what.