PDA

View Full Version : Do you wash your WW after every drying?

Pages : [1] 2

armoredsaint
02-28-2004, 02:44 PM
I was curious about that, because I do wash my PakShak Waffle Weaves (Blue) after every drying on my car, but wondered if that will shorten it`s life. After every use their is some minor dirt/grease marks on it too.

Thanks

andriver
02-28-2004, 02:49 PM
I always wash my WW after each use. Like you, I find minor dirt and grease on the towel. I have four WW and alternate between them.

SK2003TypeS
02-28-2004, 03:59 PM
Once in a while, I`ll use it twice. Depends if it picks up anything or I don`t feel comfortable with it. I have 2 WW.

PakShak
02-28-2004, 04:25 PM
I wash my WW after every panel. Just kidding. Seriously, I do wash mine after every use. I lost count on how many WW`s I have so it takes me weeks before I get back to the same WW towel :D

With Aloha,

Ranney :)

99323ic
02-28-2004, 04:47 PM
I wash every thing after every detail. Like others, there`s always some dirt or grime that gets on my drying towels. I`m washing my other mf items (mitt, vipers, pads, bonnets) anyhow, so why not throw it in the wash and have a fresh towel the next time I detail.

Jesstzn
02-28-2004, 04:53 PM
during and after drying with mine I hold it by 2 corners and give it a good snap to flip out anything I might have picked up and then at the end I rinse really well and hang to dry.

BTW I just finished using it and its 38 F here and humid and I dried my B5.5 completely ( less 4" lower valances and the wheels with 1 WW and no streaking. I didn`t pre dry with anything .. just used the hose to sheet the water.

RTE60
02-28-2004, 06:23 PM
I reuse a 2nd time after rinsing & drying unless it has picked anything up like grease or dirt, I`ve 2 , one for the top half of the car & one for the bottom half

imported_memnuts
02-28-2004, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by PakShak

I wash my WW after every panel. :D

With Aloha,

LOL :bow

I also wash after every use. One use may involve drying 2 to 3 cars ( same day) with the large primary towel used on all 3 vehicles and a clean secondary ( final drying) towel on each vehicle.

04lariat
02-28-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by PakShak

I lost count on how many WW`s I have so it takes me weeks before I get back to the same WW towel :D

With Aloha,

Ranney, you are the king of the WW. Speaking of WW`s I`ll be getting in touch with you for some more. The new truck is huge...I used three to dry this monster.

Nice weather we `ve had the last few days (lol)

PakShak
02-28-2004, 09:38 PM
Hi Jim...

How is the new truck? Is it everything you thought it would be? I know you just took delivery of it so it may be a little premature for me asking that question.

Did the handover at the dealer go smooth?

With Aloha,

tom p.
02-28-2004, 09:42 PM
Yes.

Sometimes I machine dry, sometimes I air dry.

armoredsaint
02-28-2004, 11:08 PM
Am I weird for using 3 WW to dry my little TT? I don`t wring it out and no water blade either. I do sheet with water, but that only goes so far. There is so many nooks and crannies in the TT, it drips water forever...PITA :D

beanbag
02-28-2004, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by armoredsaintt

Am I weird for using 3 WW to dry my little TT? I don`t wring it out and no water blade either. I do sheet with water, but that only goes so far. There is so many nooks and crannies in the TT, it drips water forever...PITA :D

I use a damp (regular) MF towel to get off 95% of the water first, and then the ww gets the rest.

C-MDX
02-29-2004, 12:32 AM
I do!! :D

Ben Carufel
02-29-2004, 12:38 AM
I use two or three MF`s on pretty much every one of my customers` cars. Audi TT, BMW 3 series, Testarossa, MB CLK...all are pretty "small" and I use 3 on them.

Though I`d say the last towel only gets about half full.

Same goes for the Coupe.