PDA

View Full Version : VM with a wool pad

wash_me
02-27-2004, 11:59 PM
Had a customer today that has never had her car detail and did not want to pay for the full detail. So I just did a two step on the paint. I always wanted to try VM with a wool pad and the results where great. The paint was rough and oxide but the VM with the wool pad made it smooth and brought back the shine like new. The customer was very happy and gave me a $30 tip. I`ll make sure next time I get before and after pictures.

Scottwax
02-28-2004, 12:23 AM
I would never have thought to use VM with a wool pad but I guess the abrasives are light enough and it has a high enough oil content you can get away with using a normally too aggressive pad.

andriver
02-28-2004, 12:32 AM
Thanks for the info.

Patrick
03-06-2004, 10:19 PM
Truthfully, i`d be worried wjat its going to reveal after the VM wears off..........:scared

wash_me
03-06-2004, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Patrick

Truthfully, i`d be worried wjat its going to reveal after the VM wears off..........:scared

I kinded of thought I might get flame a little bit for this but I try to think out side the box sometimes;). I am sure I did not damaged the paint by using VM and a wool pad. I actually think wool pads are a better choice because they buff cooler than foam pads. The company Edge carrys differnt grades of wool pad for buffing. The wool pad I use is not a heavy cutting pad but more of a polishing wool pad, so I new I was safe to try it with VM.

Patrick
03-07-2004, 01:08 AM
Good job then ! Gutsy i say !

Scott P
03-10-2004, 09:23 AM
That sounds like a pretty good idea. I might have to pick up one of those pads and give it a try sometime.