PDA

View Full Version : Any information on Duragloss Products

jcake5
02-27-2004, 05:58 PM
After a through cleaning and polishing I have put Duragloss #601 followed by #111 on one of my cars for a comparison to the Klasse twins/UPP which is my standard. Looks very good right now due to the prep.

According to the application directions #601 will enhance the gloss and durability of #111 similiar to Zaino Z1 use prior to Z2 and Z5. Is this true?

I also have the Duragloss wash and detail spray for extended testing of the polish durability.

Soooo can anyone provide this detailing rooky Duragloss product experience stories? I have done a board search and not found very much info.

Thanks in advance guys.

Scottwax
02-28-2004, 12:27 AM
It has been a while since I have used Duragloss products so I am not up on their product line but I got really good results when I used them. Just too hard to find in my area so I stopped using them.

You should consult their cataloge fo proper usage.

tom p.
02-29-2004, 08:19 PM
It does seem to minimize spotting. There is a tiny local auto parts store that has (or can order) all their products. Haven`t had the temptation to try them...basement is over-flowing with products already.

imported_BretFraz
02-29-2004, 08:30 PM
i have several of their products and, like most mfr`s, some products are good and some are just OK.

I have the #101, #111, #652, #901, #821, and #755.

The #821 wheel cleaner is a pretty mild product. Less aggressive than A2Z and maybe a little more than P21S.

The #755 glass polish is too aggressive IMO for most needs but if you have serious water spots or something like that, it may just do the trick. For regular glass polishing I`d prefer Autoglym or Zaino or Detailers Pride polishes instead.

The #901 shampoo is terrific. Very sudsy, fairly strong cleaning action, good sheeting, great lubricity. I like a shampoo with some oompf in it and #901 delivers.

The remaining paint polishes and sealants are just OK. #652 pre cleaner is mild and works fine by hand or PC but there are a lot of good polishes out there. The sealant products are not like Zaino in terms of technology. They`re more like Finish First, Liquid Glass, stuff like that. Easy to use, not fussy at all, doesn`t streak or smear, nice glossy finish but doesn`t bead like Zaino. For a store bought product its good but not quite on the top shelf of the popular boutique products.

The Duragloss folks are nice and helpful. They offer a full line of products which appeal to people who want to stick with one brand. All in all, its pretty nice but not exemplary.

jcake5
03-01-2004, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the feedback gents.

Thus far I am happy with the the sealent, not quite as slippery as or beads as well as Klasse SG. Very good gloss and reflectivity.

I really like the Duragloss Fast clean and shine (FC&S) on Duragloss polish and SG. The FC&S instructions state to follow a layer of polish with FC&S to enhance the gloss, and it does just that. I doubt if SG and FC&S are chemically compatiable but I have had no problems.

Yes the wash is very good. It also contains chemicales to help the polish last longer.

I am looking for durability and am hoping for 4-6 months with proper maintenance using FC&S. I will post a follow up at time goes on.

Cheers