PDA

View Full Version : I Have Become a Believer!

Gadfly
02-26-2004, 11:00 PM
I had 2x NXT Tech Wax on my 03 black Hyundai Santa Fe and was truly pleased with the results! The prep was High Temp Light Cut then the NXT.

It has been two weeks now and one Shell "velvet" car wash. A couple of applications of FD made the finish look like new.

Today, I bought the NXT Spray Wax. Whoa!! Even though the temperature was in the high 40`s, the product really made a difference!!!

I`m sold. This stuff is great!!!! :xyxthumbs

Bobby G
02-26-2004, 11:28 PM
Chaulk another one up for the "non-cleaner" cleaner wax.

Scottwax
02-27-2004, 12:30 AM
I`ve been really pleased with the results so far. The fact that I can buy it off the shelf is a real plus. No need to order or go to my Meguiars distributer to get it.

acohen100
02-27-2004, 08:08 AM
I realize that there have already been a lot of opinions here about NXT but I`ll just drop my $0.02 into the collective pool here. I just applied the wax for the first time yesterday on half my car (1 year old silver Accord Coupe). Paint is in pretty good shape aside from being abused over the winter. No prep. AIO used on the entire car 2 weeks ago.

I would count myself more as a "lay-person" than a true detailing enthusiast. My general feeling is that most of the stuff people do here is excessive. I am more like the average clean-car freak with a bent for perfectionism.

With that perspective, I found the previously mentioned difficulties spreading the NXT - but it was about 40 degrees out. Adding a little water to the pad eased the application. It came off much, much easier than the Klasse products. My lay-opinion is that the result is superior as well. The side with the NXT really seemed glossier than the rest of the car (but it`s hard to tell with silver).

I applied the NXT protectant to the wheels 2 weeks ago as well. Yesterday at the wash it was still in place, water was beading on the tires as I sprayed them, and they still looked damn good. That is better longevity than I have seen with any other tire product.

Conclusion: I am not a pro. Ease of use, availability, and cost with no sacrifice in result means that NXT will be replacing about 5 other products presently taking up space in my trunk (that`s right...I dont even have a garage).

Cheers. - SF