PDA

View Full Version : Microfiber Wash Mitt?!

Pages : [1] 2 3

bronze2006
02-26-2004, 11:42 AM
Anyone have these or try them? How are they? are they better then sheepskin? reviews? thanks

tom p.
02-26-2004, 11:48 AM
...not quite sure why. They don`t hold any water and are kind of lifeless :(

The only real value I can see would be to use it for an interior cleaning mitt for the dash and stuff like that. In that application, I suspect it will be worthwhile.

Maybe it will work well on wheels but I haven`t tried that.

Accumulator
02-26-2004, 11:59 AM
I`ve tried two different MF mitts, one plusher than the other. *MY* problem with them is that they can really grab hold of some contaminants; the stuff won`t rinse out.

I sometimes use them as a follow-up after getting most of the dirt off with a chenille mitt.

jstn
02-26-2004, 12:48 PM
i was thinking about getting some to clean my wheels. i dont think i would replace my sheepskin with those for a regular wash though.

bronze2006
02-26-2004, 03:05 PM
thanks - i think i will pass and get another sheepskin (i have a sheepskin mitt and a chenille sponge which is terrible compared to the mitt)

Accumulator
02-26-2004, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by jstn

i was thinking about getting some to clean my wheels. i dont think i would replace my sheepskin with those for a regular wash though.

*IMO*, that would be the exact WRONG application for a MF mitt. Too much nasty stuff on wheels, it`d get all stuck on/in the mitt and you`d never get it out. Then you`d scratch up the wheels. Wheels need something especially free-rinsing (like BHBs :D ).

jstn
02-26-2004, 03:55 PM
:wall thanks for catching me, i did not mean to say clean, but polish or take off polish.

Jcrawford
02-26-2004, 04:39 PM
i got one of excel detail`s mf mitt and i used it yesterday. i love it. used it w/ qew. very plush. w/ the mitts that hold a bunch of water, ever notice how much you splash on the ground??

Mantic6t9
02-26-2004, 04:52 PM
I would never use a MF mitt to wash my car. They trap too much dirt, i can never rinse them clean. Sheepskin all the way for me.

imported_memnuts
02-26-2004, 05:03 PM
Chenille weaved MF Mitt. :xyxthumbs

One of the best of both worlds: plush and soft. Exceldetail :xyxthumbs

Spilchy
02-26-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by blkZ28Conv

Chenille weaved MF Mitt. :xyxthumbs

One of the best of both worlds: plush and soft. Exceldetail :xyxthumbs

Careful with them. I got a couple from exceldetail and I think it`s defective. There are huge patches of the backing material exposed and it is not a material I want rubbing against my paint. Same goes for the MF chenille sponge I got. You can literally move aside the loops and all of this backing is exposed. If I made these mitts, I would have included a bunch more loops to make it more dense.

I use on wheels and bumpers only.

imported_memnuts
02-26-2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Spilchy

Careful with them. I got a couple from exceldetail and I think it`s defective. There are huge patches of the backing material exposed and it is not a material I want rubbing against my paint. Same goes for the MF chenille sponge I got. You can literally move aside the loops and all of this backing is exposed. If I made these mitts, I would have included a bunch more loops to make it more dense.

I use on wheels and bumpers only.

You probably have the same problem I had. I have large hands ( same problem with all one-size-fits-all mits available today), so when I tried using it with my hand inserted it created an exposed backing problem. Fix : I use it as a wash rag. doubles the plushness, solution holding capacity and NO backing exposure.

No experience with the sponge chenille. :wavey

Spilchy
02-26-2004, 05:52 PM
No, unfortunately that`s not it. When you loot at the mitt at first glance, it`s nice and plush because the loops are long and flap over one another.

If I simply take my fingers and spread the loops apart in two sections by the thumb area, a huge swath of backing material is exposed. This material is definately not paint friendly.

DF Towel warned me about these mitts and the backing material. His knowledge of this stuff including MF chenille loop is vast and respected.

It was worth a shot. I`m not upset. They were inexpensive and have a use in my arsenal (just not for washing paint)

Oh how I love my sheepskin mitts!

GoodnClean
02-26-2004, 08:04 PM
I have a PakShak MF mitt, also find it works really well for QEW`ing.

k2dan
02-27-2004, 03:26 AM
I have 4 AG Aust MF Mitt and its great for QEW too. It is very very plush and yes you can trap some contaminents but the pile is long i donr seem to have any scratching. It actually absorbs tons of water so i squeezie it out a bit in the QEW bucket before washing.

I also use a clean one after polishing or QD just for a quick once over

Dan