PDA

View Full Version : 2 glaze coats

Murph1083
02-26-2004, 09:10 AM
does anyone see a point in applying Meguiars Show Car Glaze then applying Mothers sealent and glaze?

imported_BretFraz
02-26-2004, 09:19 AM
No, not really. A second coat of glaze might fill a bit more but, honestly, if you need two coats of glaze you should prolly do a real polishing first, then glaze, then wax.

jmsc
02-27-2004, 09:54 PM
last year. Applied McCall`s, Soveran then P21S wax back to back to back. It bought me alot of beading and a longer lasting wax shine. Larry Reynold`s at Car Care recommends as a final ultimate shine (similar to your suggestion) prior to waxing 3M IHG and P21S Polish in that order.

I would never do say Menzerna PowerGloss then DACP, 2 fairly aggressive ?compounds? back-to-back but a couple of glazes like #7 and Mother`s S&G may be worth it. I`ve used both glazes and Mother`s is the easier one to apply and remove.

If you try this please let me know via PM how it worked for you.

Accumulator
02-28-2004, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by jmsc

Larry Reynold`s at Car Care recommends as a final ultimate shine (similar to your suggestion) prior to waxing 3M IHG and P21S Polish in that order.

*I* would try reversing the order of the above, using the GEPC (mildy abrasive) *FIRST* and then the IHG (nonabrasive). That way the GEPaintwork Cleanser wouldn`t "clean off" the IHG, which is a sorta delicate product (it`s just oils and solvents).

Murph1083- As Bretfraz said, unless you`re working with "dry" single stage paint, if you think you might need all that glaze you might want to just polish first. If you ARE working with ss (especially lacquer), then sure, try overkilling the glaze. *I* usually seem to get the best results if I do my applications about 24 hours apart.