PDA

View Full Version : Spoilers....

hrspwr00v6
02-26-2004, 12:10 AM
how are you supposed to detail under spoilers? on my camaro there isnt really space for even your hand to fit in between.i`d like to have a `mirror` shine on both surfaces....

much thanks for any help...

hondaguy2582
02-26-2004, 12:22 AM
Simple, you do the best you can;). Seriously, I had the same prob with my ex`s z28`s spoiler. So, just do the best ya can!!!!!

TortoiseAWD
02-26-2004, 09:10 AM
If there`s no room, and you reeeeaaallly want to get hardcore about it, you could remove the spoiler to detail the trunklid underneath and the bottom side of the spoiler. That said, you might be asking for more problems than it`s worth depending on how easy/difficult it is to remove and replace the spoiler.

Tort

Jngrbrdman
02-26-2004, 09:35 AM
I remove my spoiler twice a year to polish under it. Its just four bolts to take off and the brake light to disconnect. It just takes a minute and I think it really makes a difference. There is nothing worse than having a well polished trunk and then seeing scratches under the spoiler. Its probably worse on a dark colored car. I hate it on white so I can only imagine the frustration on black.

SK2003TypeS
02-26-2004, 10:04 AM
I`ve been thinking of removing my spoiler to get in there, but it looks like there is also some silicone or something they put in there when they installed it (dealer). It is worse on darker colors :(