PDA

View Full Version : Where in Portland OR can I get Klasse

Pages : [1] 2

Randy Mc
02-25-2004, 05:45 PM
Just bought a new rig and I need something that is going to last. Have heard that Klasse (both of them) are good last lasting products. Where can I get some Locally here in Portland OR? Thanks:D

thinksnow
02-25-2004, 06:02 PM
The short answer that will sound cruel and abusive:

The closest computer terminal connected to the internet.

Unfortunately, Klasse is not easily found locally, but there are many outlets online that will feed your need. I got my twins from klassedirect.com. Cheap and very quick shipping.

Sorry for the disappointing answer. Congrats on the new sled.

imported_jaobrien6
02-25-2004, 06:33 PM
:welcome to Autopia

I have not found anywhere in the Portland area that carries Klasse (or any of the more popular boutique sealants, for that matter). As thinksnow said, the internet is going to be your best bet by far. You will find find many places online that sell it, including the autopia store. My recommendation is to figure out what you can`t get locally, and try to place one large order for everything you want that you can`t find in order to save on shipping.

John

Randy Mc
02-26-2004, 12:05 PM
I just picked up an `04 Tahoe in silver. What else can I get that will make it look slick, protect it primarily from rain up here, and will last 4+ months.

Jngrbrdman
02-26-2004, 12:13 PM
Are you talking about shopping locally or on the web? If you are looking for 4 month durability then you need to get a sealant. Off the shelf my suggestions would be Meguiar`s #20 or Duragloss. Not much else has the 4 month durability you are looking for. Carnaubas are 6 week products at best. NXT might be an option, but it hasn`t been around for 4 months yet so I can`t really say how long it lasts on the car.

Randy Mc
02-26-2004, 12:14 PM
I have time to polish and wax this weekend so I`d to get something off the shelf this time around.

Jngrbrdman
02-26-2004, 12:17 PM
Find a harley dealership and get some S100 carnauba wax then. If you are going to order something more durable online anyway then you might as well get something really nice for now. S100 is only like $15 bucks a jar and (in my opinion) it is one of the best looking waxes for your car. Its not going to last you more than 6 weeks most likely, but by then you should be able to get some Klasse or something else.

Randy Mc
02-26-2004, 12:19 PM
Thanks

thinksnow
02-26-2004, 02:40 PM
S100 is great, especially on silver. For much longer durability, a little more warmth, and a little less shine, look into Meguiar`s #16 Professional Paste Wax. It`s in a blue can and can be found at boating supply stores (West Marine, etc...). Search for Mike Phillips` spin method (it liquifies the paste) and you will find the #16 goes on very easily and lasts 2-3-4 months, depending on the weather. S100 for comparison in the same weather would last 3-4-5 weeks.

Use the 16 as a topper for the 20 and you are looking at some great shine and incredible durability.

GoodnClean
02-26-2004, 02:52 PM
You also might want to give Meguiars NXT a whirl...

If you want to do Klasse though eventually I agree try S100, then you can keep it and use it as a topper over the Klasse.

Randy Mc
02-26-2004, 06:05 PM
Think I`m going to try some NXT. I primarily use P21S on my Porsche but with a SUV I need something that is going to last and take a beating. Maybe my paint on my Porsche needs some TLC from a PC but the P21S has not been too impressive to me.

teamvegas
02-26-2004, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Randy Mc

Think I`m going to try some NXT. I primarily use P21S on my Porsche but with a SUV I need something that is going to last and take a beating. Maybe my paint on my Porsche needs some TLC from a PC but the P21S has not been too impressive to me.

What is your pre-wax process? i really haven`t seen too many people that werent happy with P21S. It is really hard to put it on wrong. I can`t really see not being happy with it. Unless you are talking about the drability. :nixweiss Then you are correct. It doesn`t last very long but has an awesome shine.

Randy Mc
02-26-2004, 10:27 PM
The shine is really good. However I used the paintwork cleanser and it did nothing for all of the microscratches my paint has.

Wang
02-27-2004, 12:02 AM
Its time proven among enthusiasts and you`d be one of the relative few to depend on acrylic sealant for their car here in the states. Klasse really lasts and enables a showcar shine that can actually be touched without fear of smearing or blemish like with Carnauba. Half my car (front half is Klasse AIO/SGx4 and the back half is NXTx6). I have a comparison test going on, but there is no doubt in my mind that Klasse will outdo the NXT, but we`ll see. Klasse blocks heat thus keeping the car cooler in the summer. For details on Klasse, look at the original German product`s performances data on the French website : http://www.carlack.fr/browse.php?cat=3

Car Lack Diffusion. There you will find all the benefits of using Klasse. If super protection along with maintenace free show car shine is what you want, Klasse is the answer.

Jngrbrdman
02-27-2004, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Randy Mc

P21S is just a product. Its not going to do anything if the proper preperation steps haven`t been taken. If you have swirls or oxidation or other surface contamination then waxing it isn`t going to help much. Products are only going to get you so far. There is a process to getting great looks and the products are only a small part of that process. If P21S wasn`t impressive then the car probably needs some love from the PC. Not many waxes look better than P21S.