PDA

View Full Version : Zaino is coming to the public domain?

Pages : [1] 2

imported_jgv
02-25-2004, 05:07 PM
http://www.autopia-carcare.com/zaino.html

Myths publicly broken :up

BA_Titan
02-25-2004, 05:10 PM
Sounds to me like DavidB is just telling how to use it with products Autopia Car Care sells.:nixweiss

imported_jgv
02-25-2004, 05:18 PM
If I wrote that, I was crazy, nobody would care, if David writes it, it`s public, it`s commonly accepted. So, public domain, for example, skipping Dawn washes... :bow

MrLoveLoviro
02-25-2004, 08:31 PM
Aren`t the dawn washes 100% necessary when using Zaino though?

I am going back to Zaino from other products; my car is white and Zaino gives the best pop to me on a white car. On dark cars, I prefer S100 or NXT.

Question is to dawn or not to dawn? I am very weary of dawn washes.

rstype
02-25-2004, 08:53 PM
You don`t have to Dawn. It`s just to reduce the oils on the surface for better bonding. You can use isopropyl alcohol, Prepsol, clay bar + wash...

ZaneO
02-25-2004, 08:55 PM
That`s an amazing write-up. I really is a very good product.

MrLoveLoviro
02-25-2004, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by BW

You don`t have to Dawn. It`s just to reduce the oils on the surface for better bonding. You can use isopropyl alcohol, Prepsol, clay bar + wash...

IPA then straight to Zaino with no steps in between? Just wipe down with IPA and a MF?

That sounds like the best option. Is IPA bad for paint?

imported_brerpie
02-25-2004, 10:18 PM
It`s amazing that he applied polish (SEC) every day for 30 days and didn`t experience any change in clearcoat thickness. This is awesome!

MBZ 500E
02-26-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by brerpie

It`s amazing that he applied polish (SEC) every day for 30 days and didn`t experience any change in clearcoat thickness. This is awesome!

SEC has excellent swirl filling abilities and gloss enhancment but I`ve also noticed it doesn`t really remove surface imperfections. My testing included applying it by hand many times and with a PC at speed setting 5 using a foam polishing pad. Same swirls and scratches always reappeared with time. Great maintenance product.

Great write up by Dave, good to know Zaino can be used in conjunction with other products without major bonding issues.

imported_mirrorfinishman
02-26-2004, 10:35 PM
I found David Bynon`s article very informative, especially since I recently talked with Mr. Sal Zaino.

Bobby G
02-26-2004, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Red98gt

Sounds to me like DavidB is just telling how to use it with products Autopia Car Care sells.:nixweiss

Yes, that`s exactly what I`m doing. The reason is quite simple. More and more I`m getting questions involving the use of Zaino products in the real world. I`m trying to answer those questions people have with a thoughtful, easy to understand, no nonsense message.

BTW: I think I`m very qualified to make recommendations in regards to the use of Zaino products. I tested them for months on end. I had to in order to write all of the product copy on the new Zaino website. I worked very closely with Sal to understand his products and how to use them properly.

KMHPaladin
02-27-2004, 04:26 PM
Any chance of a detailed Klasse article? I like the Klasse system`s results and longevity on my car, but I`d be interested in any of the type of little tips or extra advice you included in your Zaino article.

Bobby G
02-27-2004, 04:55 PM
I will be doing a Klasse article in conjunction with the release of my new SONUS brand products in 30 days. Klasse fans stay tuned because I will announce the SONUS sample give away in a few days.

KMHPaladin
03-01-2004, 06:44 PM
So the Klasse article should be here in about a month? I`ll be looking forward to it.

WAX2MUCH
03-03-2004, 11:54 AM
I am glad to see David carrying the Zaino line.

I am no expert, but I do like Zaino and have had very good results even when straying alittle from Sal`s stringent directions.

I just detailed my wife`s red Corvette and did not do the Dawn wash. My procedure was:

Wash/clay as necessary.

Used P21S cleaner plus used the Menzerna twins on swirls/light scratches which P21S did not remove.

Used iso/water spray mix to clean any residue.

Applied 2 coats of Z5, then the next day I added a top coat of P21S carnauba. Results were great.

Personally I don`t see that Z5 does much to remove light scratches/swirls...the ones that were there (very light) before applying the Z5 were still there after 2 coats....maybe it takes 3-4 coats??

The thing I like about the P21S top coat is that there is minimal dry time....so if I want to add a second coat a few weeks from now I can do so very quickly and I don`t have to go through the Zaino mixing, ZFX, 30 min. dry time, etc.

Just my experience.