PDA

View Full Version : Where does the wax go

Lowejackson
02-25-2004, 03:08 PM
We all accept that wax does not last a long time, but where does it go; evaporation or migration?

imported_jgv
02-25-2004, 03:30 PM
Some evaporates (mostly carnuba), some washes away with car washes and rain.

My parents car was last detailed by me on March 2003. They drive it only once a month or so, being garaged all time, and tho I waxed it with Menzernas Wax (supposed to be carnuba based :confused: ) a couple of weeks ago I saw it under rain and it was beading as if it was just waxed.

Wax doesn`t just go away, the elements take care of it :rolleyes:

Scottwax
02-25-2004, 04:24 PM
The wax ````` comes by every night and takes a little bit away. ;)

I guess it just wears off. :nixweiss

1 Clean WS6
02-25-2004, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Scottwax

The wax ````` comes by every night and takes a little bit away. ;)

Just like the underpants gnomes!!:D

BA_Titan
02-25-2004, 04:36 PM
It` a Terrorist plot. yea, yea. Al Queda, yea, they come and strip it off when we aren`t looking. That way we are so busy putting it back on we forget about them....Take over ... yea, yea, forget about them... I use a special Anti-Terrorist Wax, I can sell you some for 100.00 a bottle. 4 oz bottle will last about 10 years. Just pour it on and let it dry, yea that`s right..... Just send me cash and I will ship you some.......

Really slow here at work and I just couldn`t resist!!!! :rolleyes:

Like Scottwax said the elements and washing slowly remove it.

Scottwax
02-25-2004, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by 1 Clean WS6

Just like the underpants gnomes!!:D

I love that episode of South Park!

imported_jgv
02-25-2004, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Red98gt

I said that ;)

BA_Titan
02-25-2004, 04:52 PM
Sorry....

A quote from jgv "Some evaporates (mostly carnuba), some washes away with car washes and rain.

My parents car was last detailed by me on March 2003. They drive it only once a month or so, being garaged all time, and tho I waxed it with Menzernas Wax (supposed to be carnuba based ) a couple of weeks ago I saw it under rain and it was beading as if it was just waxed.

Wax doesn`t just go away, the elements take care of it"

:o

TortoiseAWD
02-25-2004, 07:21 PM
Taken from an Autopia Car Care article entitled How-To Wax Your Car (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/inf-wax.html):
While car enthusiasts love carnauba waxes for the way they make highly polished paint look wet, like a calm pool of water, they would appreciate more durability. Simply put, carnauba waxes quickly evaporate when your car is in the hot sun. The average melting temperature of a carnauba wax is about 180 degrees (f).Tort

EDIT: This post was originally a reply to mirrorfinishman, who stated that "carnauba doesn`t evaporate". That post has apparently since been deleted by its author.

shaf
02-26-2004, 01:35 AM

It` a Terrorist plot. yea, yea. Al Queda, yea, they come and strip it off when we aren`t looking. That way we are so busy putting it back on we forget about them....Take over ... yea, yea, forget about them... I use a special Anti-Terrorist Wax, I can sell you some for 100.00 a bottle. 4 oz bottle will last about 10 years. Just pour it on and let it dry, yea that`s right..... Just send me cash and I will ship you some....... I`m sorry, I`ll have to get David to slap you for attempting to sell your product on Autopia - this is called SPAM! :angry

If I buy a case, do I get a discount? :D

Anti-Al-Qaeda wax :lol

MBZ 500E
02-26-2004, 12:31 PM

It` a Terrorist plot. yea, yea. Al Queda, yea, they come and strip it off when we aren`t looking. That way we are so busy putting it back on we forget about them....Take over ... yea, yea, forget about them... I use a special Anti-Terrorist Wax, I can sell you some for 100.00 a bottle. 4 oz bottle will last about 10 years. Just pour it on and let it dry, yea that`s right..... Just send me cash and I will ship you some.......

Really slow here at work and I just couldn`t resist!!!! :rolleyes:

I assume some of the proceeds go towards actually eliminating Al Queda!!:D If not I need to question your pricing.:D :D

Regarding the elimination of wax as everyone has said the elements are the cause and washing as mentioned just helps the cause.

BA_Titan
02-26-2004, 01:06 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 4DSC

[B]I`m sorry, I`ll have to get David to slap you for attempting to sell your product on Autopia - this is called SPAM! :angry

:shocked Ok going to start selling my Anti-Moderator Wax! Goes on really easy, is a PAIN to get Off, is REALLY dull and only lasts a couple seconds! :D

ATTENTION:

And If you order during this post you will get 1% off on shipping and a FREE box! But only during this post! PLUS! Autopia members will get a FREE wad of bubble wrap enclosed in a personallized shipping container!!!! But hurry this is a limited time offer and only for Members that joined before 1965!!!!!

Man I need to get back to work....I`m out of control here... :cool:

Hope it brightened your day a little.... Only poking fun at DavidB and the Moderators. I will leave this post alone now.....