PDA

View Full Version : NXT in NJ/Phila?? (recomendations needed too...)

Pages : [1] 2

blackntan
02-25-2004, 10:18 AM
I wanna try out NXT, but I`ve yet to find a store that carries it in the voorhees/cherry hill/philadelphia area...

I`m doing a set of full Spring details on my black 96 miata, and a 2000 toyota spyder this weekend, and really want to try it out on these two cars...

Any ideas?!? Oh, and I ran out of Perfect it III, and am looking to try a new swirl remover that I can pick up at a store... Recommendations?

My hopeful plan for the two cars is: (paint only)

Swirl remover

SEC

AIOx2

NXTx2

imported_ajbarnes
02-25-2004, 10:32 AM
I haven`t seen it yet in Philly. I`ve been ordering online. It seems Philly always get everything late!

Pats300zx
02-25-2004, 10:33 AM
I have not been able to find NXT in the Phila area yet. I have been to a couple of Wal-Marts but they do not carry it yet here.

If the swirls are not that bad you can pick up some Megs #9 at Pep Boys.

blackntan
02-25-2004, 10:53 AM
Yeah, I figured it`s not here yet.. Hey Mike Phillips.. If you read this can you give me a list of the vendors in the Phila area that have recieved NXT!?!? That`d be huge. I might PM you after I write this and ask personally..

Ok. So lets assume I can`t get NXT by saturday. Any other ideas for toppers? I wanna try something new, but didn`t give myself enough time to order online. This will be the first detail of my buddies black spyder too, so I wanna shoot to impress.

I`d use SG, but I broke the cheap plastic bottle and lost it all..

In my finisher arsenal, I have:

AIO

S100/SEC

Gold Class

Nu Finish (dad`s)

Nothing`s jumping out at me today.... S100`s my old favorite though, so I may go:

Swirl remover

AIOx2

S100

How`s #9 compare to Finesse it?

What about #20 or #26 as a finisher? Better than anything I have already? Worth buying?

Scottwax
02-25-2004, 11:35 AM
If you plan on applying NXT immediately after you can find it after this detail, either use #26 or S100. If you want more durability, go with #20.

SuperBuick
02-25-2004, 12:33 PM
The Boston area has yet to see NXT also...

blackntan
02-25-2004, 02:21 PM
Just talked to Mike, and he sorted me out. I`ll have the NXT by Friday, to do my details on Saturday. You`ll see my write up on Sunday.

Oh, and with customer service like that, add another one to the list of Megiars fanatics.

SuperBuick
02-25-2004, 04:01 PM
I`m telling you - any time I`ve dealt with Mike I`ve recieved absolutely 110% customer service - and for that reason I`ll always give meguiars the benefit of the doubt, even if I don`t use their products exclusively.

-Tom

imported_CBX Carl
02-25-2004, 04:01 PM
Walmart @ Philly Franklin Mills Mall is under going its Spring roll out. NXT Car Wash is available today but no NXT Wax there yet.

STBear
02-25-2004, 07:59 PM
NXT car wash at the Walmart in Eddystone but no NXT Wax there either.

Roverhater
02-27-2004, 12:34 AM
I found it at Advance auto here in NE Ohio. Used it last week, awesome. One more coat tomorrow, the a coat of Zaino on Saturday.

KMHPaladin
02-27-2004, 04:18 PM
Any stores in the Philly area that sell better detailing products? About the only place I`ve been able to find in South Jersey that sells anything half-decent has been Pep Boys, which usually stocks Lexol/Vinylex and 3M SMR, P-I3 FineCut, IHG, and wax. Nothing else like Klasse.

imported_CBX Carl
02-27-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by KMHPaladin

Any stores in the Philly area that sell better detailing products? About the only place I`ve been able to find in South Jersey that sells anything half-decent has been Pep Boys, which usually stocks Lexol/Vinylex and 3M SMR, P-I3 FineCut, IHG, and wax. Nothing else like Klasse.

I have never seen Klasse at the Retail Store level. Some suggest BMW auto dealers for it. I ordered my NXT from Meguiars.com directly per Mike Phillips of this forum with the free shipping deal.

No Retail Store has ever carried all off the products I have learned off here from Autopia Forums but then again the search is part of the fun. I had a great time when I went to the local Harley Dealer for some S100, spent 2 hours looking at the bikes and am on their mailing list now.

blackntan
02-27-2004, 04:55 PM
I`ve found that NAPA stores tend to have better stuff than Pep Boys, or at least more exotic stuff... My local NAPA has Gliptone stuff, the full Meg Pro line,and a bunch of crazy stuff I haven`t ever heard of before...

No NXT though... Not yet.. Good think Mike P. helped me out with that...

JustinR32
02-27-2004, 06:35 PM
It`s only at Advance Auto Parts in NE PA, so far. No one else has any spring products.

Tom