PDA

View Full Version : New Bright Garage Lights = Hazy Nose Paint

jasonatv22
02-25-2004, 09:49 AM
I just put up some new lighting in the garage and the two 200w reflector lamps that now illuminate the front of my car are making the front (plastic) nose of my car look hazy.

The paint on the metal doesn`t look like that, but these lights also bring out the gazillion micro-chips in both areas.

I was able to remove the haze using Meguars ScratchX on the nose. But when I`d use a QD it would haze back up. Also, when I put S100 on the nose, it hazed up pretty good.

But I turn the lights off and go just with the regular garage lights, and it`s fine looking.

JimS
02-25-2004, 10:06 AM
New lights ARE definitely a double edged sword. On the one hand it`s nice to see clearly the great job I just did on the truck. On the other hand I can clearly see...... well you know.

Accumulator
02-25-2004, 11:21 AM
Postwood- Yeah, it`s a real eye-opener to get "unforgiving" lights! Note that the paint on the plastic nose contains a flex-additive so it`s a little different from the paint on the metal bits a(softer).

Unless there`s some serious problem, you just need to work it until the marring`s gone (and not hidden with fillers). And then be VERY careful not to re-introduce it. If you remove it with Scratch X and then apply the S100, it hazes up? That surprises me.