PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna Question

imported_neoflex
02-25-2004, 08:45 AM
Well soon enough(I Hope) spring will be here and it will be time to give the vehicles there spring detail. My question is If I plan on claying, using Menzerna Intensive Polish and then AIO, SG and then S100, Should I even bother using the Menzerna Final Polish in between the Intensive and AIO or am I just wasting my time? All these step will be done using a PC. Also have any of you applied S100 with a PC, and if so how do you apply it? Sounds like a dumb questions but its one I was always curious about, being its a hard wax. Thanks again in advance.

thinksnow
02-25-2004, 08:52 AM
AIO has no abrasives in it, only chemical cleaners. If the IP leaves any hazing (I have never personally experienced this), then the FP is there to follow up and clean that up. Again, emphasis on the IF: If the IP leaves hazing, the AIO wouldn`t remove it.

I tried S100 by pc for fun, coating the finishing pad with a knife (just buttering the toast). In my opinion, it isn`t any faster because S100 is just too easy to apply by hand. I noticed no difference in final appearance, either.

Frank F.
02-25-2004, 09:35 AM
I wouldn`t skip the Menzerna Final Polish. It makes a real difference in the reflectivity of the finish. I use the IP followed by FP then AIO and three coats of SG. I top this with P21S wax. Last week I won the People`s Choice award at the Windsor Polo & Porsche event in Vero Beach, Florida.

Once you try FP you will see the difference right away.

imported_neoflex
02-26-2004, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the advice. Frank congrats on the PC award!!

tom p.
02-26-2004, 02:40 PM
I`ve applied the NattyWax (comparable to S100) with the PC and was very pleased in that I could lay down a super-thin and uniform coat of wax that I could not achieve by hand.

Mantic6t9
02-26-2004, 04:55 PM
You would definatly want to follow the IP with the FP or some other fine polish.

bigguy
02-26-2004, 05:14 PM
I used the IP then Poorboy`s PWC + EX and the finish came out beautiful. I did not notice any hazing.