PDA

View Full Version : PC worth it?

SRT4
02-24-2004, 06:09 AM
Are there any gains to using a PC over doing it by hand? Is it dangerous if you`ve never used one?

Gonzo
02-24-2004, 07:57 AM
Try this option at top right had side ot the page

"search"

JimS
02-24-2004, 08:47 AM
I think I can safely say that the great majority of folks who has been posting for any length of time has a PC. That should answer your question :) There are tons of threads regarding the PC in the archives. A search will tell you all you need and then some.

imported_BretFraz
02-24-2004, 08:54 AM
I agree. The PC as a topic of discussion is probably the most popular here at Autopia. There are literally thousands of posts about it. Please spend some time reading and learning. I can`t think of a single velid question about the PC that has not been answered here already.

tom p.
02-24-2004, 09:11 AM
The PC can provide more uniform results, you can cover far more territory than by hand and I suspect you use less material since it does such a great job spreading polishes and waxes.

TortoiseAWD
02-24-2004, 09:14 AM
SRT4,

There are a lot of good threads on using the PC, if you can find them. Unfortunately, the search engine doesn`t index words that are fewer than three characters long, so searching for "PC" doesn`t turn up anything. Try searching for "PC*" instead; the "*" acts as a wildcard. That will probably turn up waaaay more posts than you want to wade through, so you might want to limit your search to "Search titles only".

And, to answer your questions IMO, the PC is a huge improvement over doing the work by hand . . . I find I get better results, and arms that aren`t as sore. As for safety, use common sense, and you`ll be fine. One of the reasons the PC is so popular is because it is relatively safe for the weekend warrior to use.

Tort