PDA

View Full Version : How to care for clear film nose/bumper films? Detailing?

Sveta
02-23-2004, 11:48 PM
Can`t find a post on this topic.

The wife has a new 2004 White Honda Accord EX-V6 that she will drive 120 miles daily on Southern NM hwy`s for six months. Her "dream car". Road chip city her she comes. A nose mask? Not in Sand-Blow, New Mexico. The front nose/bumpers of other Accords in the area looked like a kid with a BB gun used them for target practice. I decided to take a chance with clear film to protect the nose/bumpers. Expensive but "they" said it comes off with no problem to the paint.(Really???) Anyway, I had it done with the dark window tint installation. It looks nice, etc., but....what about a few months from now?

Besides using compressed air to blow off the micro dust that "riffles" behind the back lines of the film....

What DOES one do to detail and protect the film from scratches and swirls besides washing and applying Film Majik? :usa

Anthony O.
02-24-2004, 12:15 AM
Marty,

I use Vanilla Moose on my clients cars with clear bras. Always wash, dry, polish and buff in the same direction.

Tape off the edges when buffing the paint as you don`t want the edges building up with product residue.

Anthony

Sveta
02-24-2004, 01:13 AM
Thanks, Anthony. Do you put a wax/sealant on the VM on the clear bra?

:up